News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Telefunken Sr.

Started by pickdropper, May 10, 2014, 07:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

This is a combination of a Tube Screamer with some of the common mods and an EP booster with the 9V/18V switch.  The EP booster board has a VB output, so the Tube Screamer also switches to 18V when the toggle is switched.  I put a short level toggle for the 9V/18V switch so it wouldn't be switched by accident while fiddling with the knobs.

There was just a tone of wiring on this one (or at least it seemed like it since everything was offboard).

I reused the Telefunken logo from my mini build, thus Telefunken Sr.

I had to layer the boards in order to get them to fit in the 125b

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

muddyfox

Everything is just stupendously neat and it hurts my brain to look at that gutshot so lemme ask about the box.
Is it laser etched? If so, how did you get the green lettering?

Amazing build...

kaycee

Excellent work, looks superb

pickdropper

Quote from: muddyfox on May 10, 2014, 07:27:21 PM

Everything is just stupendously neat and it hurts my brain to look at that gutshot so lemme ask about the box.
Is it laser etched? If so, how did you get the green lettering?

Amazing build...

Some powder coat colors (especially green) don't completely etch away, even with a laser.  After 3 passes on the engraver, there was still a bit of green on the surface.  To be there until the end of time.......
Function f(x)

Thomas_H

Thats ... Cool!
An awesome build as always.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

mattlee0037

Super neat! How'd you later the boards or are they just sitting like that?

pickdropper

Quote from: mattlee0037 on May 10, 2014, 08:25:15 PM
Super neat! How'd you later the boards or are they just sitting like that?

I mounted the lower one on the switches below and then I mounted the upper one on acrylic spacers and mounted those to the pots/switches below with double sided tape.  The pot was lower, so I needed yet another acrylic spacer to bring it to the height of the toggle switch.
Function f(x)

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jubal81

Whoa ...
Fitting all that in a 125b and with panache. Sweetness.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

micromegas

So clean, so neat, so beautifull... The Telefunken logo gives it some classy look.

I have no words about how you managed to get all that wire hidden from view....
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

GrindCustoms

Am I seeing some SPDT daughter board under those boards? Show me! ;D

Beautiful work mate!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

pickdropper

Yeah, I use daughter boards for SPDT and DPDT toggles.  I'll post pics of those later.
Function f(x)

catfud

bcalla

Yikes!  How is it even possible to get all of that in there and still have it look neat?

jubal81

Quote from: pickdropper on May 10, 2014, 08:59:25 PM
Yeah, I use daughter boards for SPDT and DPDT toggles.  I'll post pics of those later.

Interesting. I've always found it easier to just solder to the lugs.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair