News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slow Loris

Started by Comfort Player, April 09, 2011, 08:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenwatt

So did you leave off the LED clipping option?
Not too bright....

Comfort Player

Quote from: tenwatt on April 11, 2011, 06:53:09 AM

Not sure what you mean ?  I hooked up the switch the enables LED, Diode, or none clipping. I connected the wires from the bottom of the board.

Is there another mod ?  
Silence..... I Keeeeeel youuuuuu....

tenwatt

Quote from: Comfort Player on April 11, 2011, 09:19:44 AM
Quote from: tenwatt on April 11, 2011, 06:53:09 AM

Not sure what you mean ?  I hooked up the switch the enables LED, Diode, or none clipping. I connected the wires from the bottom of the board.

Is there another mod ?  
I only seen the one LED on the enclosure so I was curious.
Not too bright....

jkokura

LED clipping is installed on the PCB. It's rarely used as an indicator light, because it rarely lights up very brightly at all. Usually it's hidden, as it is in this case.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Comfort Player

There are 2 3mm LEDs on the pcb (D1 and D2) to provide the LED clipping.   Would these be the ones you are referring to ?

tenwatt

Quote from: Comfort Player on April 11, 2011, 10:12:23 AM
There are 2 3mm LEDs on the pcb (D1 and D2) to provide the LED clipping.   Would these be the ones you are referring to ?

Yeah...Jacob nailed my question.
Not too bright....

Comfort Player

So I guess my answer would be no I did not "leave off the LED clipping option" , since I soldered the two LEDs on the PCB, which light up pretty nicely when selected with the clip switch selector.

StompIt

Quote from: Comfort Player on April 10, 2011, 09:48:39 AM
I've built the General Guitar Gadget and GuitarPCB versions. Of the three I like this one the best.  I think the tone is a little less dark and the clipping options provide more versatility.  I am still new at this so I do not have the experience of many here,  but so far this is my favorite.

Good job on the loris !

Do you plan on uploading any sound clips? 

Comfort Player

I have no way to record clips, sorry  :'(

bigmufffuzzwizz

Just finished my guitarpcb/gauss markov rat board last night right before I had to go to bed. It sounds really great! I found it cool that w/ the distortion knob at 0 I got such a clean signal. Then it goes from dirty boost->distortion-->almost gobbing fuzz! The Madbean board must sound really great cause I'm totally satisfied w/ mine. And I haven't experimented w/ the IC yet.  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

Comfort Player

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on April 12, 2011, 10:46:01 AM
Just finished my guitarpcb/gauss markov rat board last night right before I had to go to bed. It sounds really great! I found it cool that w/ the distortion knob at 0 I got such a clean signal. Then it goes from dirty boost->distortion-->almost gobbing fuzz! The Madbean board must sound really great cause I'm totally satisfied w/ mine. And I haven't experimented w/ the IC yet.  ;D

Congrats on the build.   I never met a Rat I didn't like...

bigmufffuzzwizz

Just got home and finally got to fool around with it for a little. It was too trebly for me with my strat and I'm not a huge fan of completely cutting all the highs out. With a les paul its a whole different story. Super thick fuzz to grainy distortion and I'm still trippin out on how clean it gets with the gain knob all the way down. It would be even cooler with a bunch of diode clipping mods  8)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals