News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First completed build in months!

Started by muddyfox, May 16, 2014, 08:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derevaun

Looks great! I don't see how getting the wiring any neater would have a benefit beyond looking nice.  8)

muddyfox

It would help quite a bit with my OCD...  ;D

Mainly I'm ticked off because I precut the wires wrong so some are too taut and some are too loose. If they were all one way or the other (the way I usually do it, depending on the mood I'm in at the time) I wouldn't mind nearly as much. I really need to work on cutting myself some slack.   ::)

Thanks for all the feedback, peeps!

muddyfox

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on May 17, 2014, 07:41:56 AM
What did you make of the effect?

It's real nice! Pot twisting will get you all kinds of toanz.
I'm really a clean/light OD kinda guy so I don't have the necessary riffage to properly test this monster (ha!) out but I'll keep it around for sure for more heavy oriented buddies to use.

alanp

Muddy, more beer is needed. It looks pretty damn fine to me :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

muddyfox

Haha, very true! I still need to reach that level of wisdom... guidance appreciated, sensei!  ;D

Leevibe

I love it! Excellent work, and I love the graphic.

rullywowr

Nice job muddy!  You are right, one of those leads is about 0.000004 mm too long.

Don't beat yourself up about it!  You can easily change it if it bothers your or just do better on the next one.  Keep em coming!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

muddyfox

Oh I will, I guess the slump is over  ;D as I've just spent $100ish on various parts to kickstart several projects I've been eyeing lately.

I have two boxes ET curing as I type this and I think these will turn out a whole lot better. Will post in build threads for sure.

GrindCustoms

Beautiful work, makes me even more excited to put mine together.  8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

raulduke

Very cool.

Love the graphics on this one!

Bret608

Yeah, this is a beauty, you should be proud! I know how you feel--I have not been able to get any builds finished since last fall. I've been working on populating the same phaser since January! Work is too busy...

flanagan0718

I would be VERY proud if any of my builds came out half as good as this! Or even if i had a build (having a baby has slowed my completion rate to a snails pace  ;)  ). This looks GREAT, the wiring is clean, the graphics are cool, and the color rocks! good stuff man. Keep it up!

muddyfox

Thanks folks!
Yes, kids do slow things down, sometimes all the way to a screeching halt. Which is what basically happened to me lately, my younger just entered the terrible twos and she's happier there than a pig in slop...  ::) Once I've done some damage control to the best of my abilities, I'm too beat to do anything else. There's a time and a place for everything and I'll keep the builds coming as fast and best as I can muster.

The kids are off to spend the night at the inlaws and I just got a bag of plain red powder (no dormant/candy stuff for me, if anyone has a lead on some cheap stuff in EU please lemme know) and I'll be spending my evening in my storage unit trying not to choke on PC dust. Hopefully I'll get a couple of boxes done to house some of my gazillion boards waiting to be built. I just got Josh's RaDD and Brittania in the mail today and my soldering iron is itching badly....  ;D