News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mammoth Electronics Graphics Service

Started by aeroemi, May 22, 2014, 11:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeroemi

Hello guys! Have anyone tried the custom graphics services that Mammoth offers?  :)

I'm planning to have a bunch of ten pieces of 1590A enclosure with a graphic I designed; but the layout they provide (that rectangle with green margins) seems to not perfectly match the real dimensions of the outboard of the 1590A enclosures.

Is that normal?

Just for info, my workflow is the following:
1) Circuit design phase (Eagle CAD), schematic + PCB
2) Print the PCB in pdf format
3) Import in inkscape the following files:
    - pdf of the PCB
    - pdf of the enclosure (downloaded from hammond web site)
    - pdf of the Mammoth graphic layout
4) Align the position of all holes
5) Keep the Mammoth layout to be sent to production.

Do you think this is the proper way to do that  :P (... I know there's not only one - right - way to do things...) 

Bye!

murdog47

I attempted to use Mammoth and their customer service was terrible. They took forever to correspond with me and were not helpful with questions. I used Pedal Parts Plus instead. Very easy to work with and great product. Good luck!  :)

aeroemi

Really? They gave me a totally different impression... but (obviously) it was just an impression...  :-\

murdog47

My problems were via email. They took 4 days to respond to the first email I sent them and another three days for the second one. They said they needed to forward my email to their design guy who I never heard back from. I sent a follow up telling them I went elsewhere due to their lack of communication.  Maybe that helped them realize they needed to up their customer service? I hope so  :)

murdog47

Quote from: aeroemi on May 22, 2014, 11:28:49 AM
Hello guys! Have anyone tried the custom graphics services that Mammoth offers?  :)

I'm planning to have a bunch of ten pieces of 1590A enclosure with a graphic I designed; but the layout they provide (that rectangle with green margins) seems to not perfectly match the real dimensions of the outboard of the 1590A enclosures.

Is that normal?

This should be something they should answer for you. I didn't understand their template either and this is one of the things that they never answered for me.

madbean

Could be the template is limited to the printable area which is going to be a bit smaller than the actual dimensions of the enclosure. I haven't seen the template so I can't really say.

murdog47

That is what I figured and that was as simple as my question was. Just wanted a yes or no.  Their "instructions" on the web site were pretty vague.  :(

jkokura

If given the choice, I always recommend Pedal Parts Plus. They have a number and you can call and talk to them too. Mammoth never answered the phone for me.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

irmcdermott

Quote from: jkokura on May 22, 2014, 03:32:39 PM
If given the choice, I always recommend Pedal Parts Plus. They have a number and you can call and talk to them too. Mammoth never answered the phone for me.

Jacob

Jacob, can PPP print on the sides? I noticed their templates only have the face

jkokura

Probably. I've never asked them to find out.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

aeroemi

Ok thank you very much guys! I think I'll try PPP... but don't you find their web site a little "complicated" to proceed with a custom designed enclosure order?
I mean... what are the steps you follow to order a customized enclosure(s) from them?
  :o :o
(I wish to order two different kind of pedals, how could I associate a certain enclosure to a certain color/artwork etc..)?

pickdropper

I really like PPP, but they do have the worst commercial website I've ever seen.

That said, I deal with the website because their quality and customer service are significantly better.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pickdropper

Oh, and to answer your question, when you are ordering, you put your instructions in the notes section.  Amazingly, I've never had a problem when I put the correct info in there.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

mattlee0037

Agree on their website. I wish I was good at web design and could trade services for parts. Mammoths website makes me want to shop there but after really slow and bad communications I try to avoid it.

jkokura

And don't be afraid to give them a call or send an email if you have concerns. They're happy to hear from you.

Plus I've gotten lots of Jolly Ranchers from them. That's cool.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*