News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

You're most indespensible madbean build so far?

Started by sprayfe, April 13, 2011, 02:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprayfe

For me- the fatpants has never left my board- and it's an always rotating lineup.  With my tele and gretsch, it's magic, and always on.  I'm debating mounting under the board, but it looks so great ! haha. Great circuit bean.   What about you guys?

mjcyates

I pretty much have my Fatpants on all the time as well. Just makes everything sound a little better.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: mjcyates on April 13, 2011, 05:43:59 PM
I pretty much have my Fatpants on all the time as well. Just makes everything sound a little better.

I really gotta throw my Fatpants together! So far my favorite board is the gruntbox but I'm hoping the machine will take its place.  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

oldhousescott

So far, the Krunkee has been the most fun. It's bouncy and crunchy and just a blast to play.

jtn191

grunt box=mudbunny?

I've only built a slambox and a zombii...but the last time I shut off my fuzz, I thought "man, I love that pedal"

aziltz

i haven't made many of 'beans designs in a while, but my Shortbus is always on my board and I just found a great new use for it on my acoustic board, running to my blues jr for a pseudo 'lectric sound.

sgmezei

Hmmm prolly the Fatpants and Sunking. Love 'em both.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

CRBMoA

Indispensable is tough, 'cause I am not gigging ATM, so everything is for sale if you ask and have cash.

But...................of all of the pedals I have built and sold the past couple of years, the Slap Chop and the Sunking are the ones I am rebuilding for myself.

pandadandan

CRBMoA

Quote from: pandadandan on April 14, 2011, 11:33:08 AM
Kokbox.

Really. Tell me why. I have one, partially popped (have NO idea where I got it).

Why should I build it out and keep it instead of using it for trade bait?

Please.

jimmybjj

Quote from: oldhousescott on April 13, 2011, 08:21:09 PM
So far, the Krunkee has been the most fun. It's bouncy and crunchy and just a blast to play.

What happened to this project? Is it no longer available?
Pcbs no longer available

oldhousescott

Quote from: jimmybjj on April 14, 2011, 05:59:06 PM
Quote from: oldhousescott on April 13, 2011, 08:21:09 PM

What happened to this project? Is it no longer available?

Brian will have to give the definitive answer, but my guess is it was discontinued at the request of the OEM.

pandadandan

Quote from: CRBMoA on April 14, 2011, 11:38:46 AM
Quote from: pandadandan on April 14, 2011, 11:33:08 AM
Kokbox.

Really. Tell me why. I have one, partially popped (have NO idea where I got it).

Why should I build it out and keep it instead of using it for trade bait?

Please.

Depends on what you're looking for in a pedal.  For me I crave string definition regardless of how much gain is pouring out.  I wanted a high-gainer to work alongside my bass-heavy big muff sound, so I went with the Kokbox due primarily to its topology being a bunch of cascaded SHO circuits.  As the basic SHO is legendary for imparting a wee bit of high-end clarity and sparkle, I figured it would contrast nicely with the muff.  It has gain in spades, yet I can play my usual complex nonsense chords and still hear the individual notes.  Many high-gainers or fuzzes just hash all the notes together, but not the Kokbox.

Turning the question around, what do you hope for it to sound like?  Do you have any particular ideas as to what application you'd use it for?

maysink

I'm currently in love with a vero Mysterioso Jr. (based off Brian's schematic). Been waiting for the fabbed version of the board since October '10!

The SlapChop & Fatpants are also both nice.
[nothing to see here]
-e