News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Scuba Muff

Started by jkokura, April 13, 2011, 04:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Here's one I thought I'd share, though it's not a Madbean project. Because of the intense amount of wiring on this, I don't think I'll ever try to do this in a 125B again. I can only imagine how difficult a 1590B would be...

It's a Muff Diver clone. I used one switch for the Cornish/Muff cap choices instead of two. There's a very large variety of sounds you can get from this. I've been able to cop a Treble booster sound right through to mega wall of Fuzz type sounds. Pretty cool, but it'll take forever and a notebook to really get all the settings on this thing nailed in.

And the Guts.

And in Action.

Enjoy!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

sprayfe

those gut shots are sick!! :)
nicely executed!

CRBMoA

I have used the G.B.O.M. boards, but I won't do it in a 125B. Not worth the trouble.

I have used 'Bean's boards, 'Bean's joint effort with a guy named Forrest, and all of the GuitarPCB boards.

They all have pluses and minuses. You have encountered a minus. ;D

But that project is VERY versatile. Rob is one of my mentors.

petesz

bigmufffuzzwizz

Great choice! That thing must sound beastly. I have a bunch of these left to populate, its just which project to decide to build them to!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

Quote from: sprayfe on April 13, 2011, 04:40:22 PM
those gut shots are sick!! :)
nicely executed!
+1 Epic wiring with the switches... lol, it does looks pretty fiddly in there

jkokura

Thanks guys. It was a number of hours worth of work to keep it neat and organized and get it all wired. Must say I was surprised it all fired up right away and worked.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

CRBMoA

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on April 13, 2011, 07:10:33 PM
Great choice! That thing must sound beastly. I have a bunch of these left to populate, its just which project to decide to build them to!!

I recently popped one to Skreddy Mayo specs. Used the 2N2133s from Small Bear. My favorite muff is always the last one off my bench, but I REALLY did like that one.

gtr2

Wow, you weren't kidding about the wiring.  That's a heck of a build.  I also like the scuba theme.

Very nice!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

k.rock!

Scuba Muff! The title alone is a great idea man, specially when thinking it came from a Muff Diver haha  :D Very cool!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: CRBMoA on April 14, 2011, 09:20:19 AM
I recently popped one to Skreddy Mayo specs. Used the 2N2133s from Small Bear. My favorite muff is always the last one off my bench, but I REALLY did like that one.

Thats one I've definitely been considering! Also the fire red fuzz muff. I'll have to check out those trannies. Never used them before.
I know what you mean about every build being a favorite. The VRH is never a let-down!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals