News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Part Sourcing on Mammoth website for Pastyface

Started by PaxWorks, April 15, 2011, 06:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaxWorks

Can anyone help figure out what capacitors to order for the Pastyface on Mammoth's websit?

gtr2

You could use some of the ones from mammoth but you'll have to bend the leads to fit the pcb.  The pcb is based for "mojo" parts.  Mammoth does not carry the type of caps that Brian used for his build.

You can still use the poly film that mammoth carries.  The panasonics should have long enough leads to work.  You'll have to source the electrolytic caps elsewhere because mammoth does not carry axial lead orientation.  I'm not sure that the radial ones they carry will stretch that far...

Small bear carries the caps you need for this.  Unfortunately, it's very hard to find what you need only at one place

Josh

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

PaxWorks

Should purchase them from Small Bear instead? I want to get it as close to the PDF as possible.
:)

jkokura

Yes, those parts are all found at Smallbear.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

PaxWorks

I'm having a hard time knowing how to get certain things because Small Bear uses mf instead of uf.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

PaxWorks

Some of the values seem a little different though?

PaxWorks

jkokura

I think you may be misreading some part values at Smallbear.

Often they replace uF with mF.  NF is a conversion, and there are both film and ceramic pF values as well, in large quantities. However, if you are specifically looking for a specific axial cap in a particular value, Mouser may be a better choice for you.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals