News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

4PDT Double Looper - Good or Bad Idea?

Started by Myramyd, April 18, 2011, 09:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myramyd

Hello all,

I'm thinking of attempting a 4PDT "Double Looper" and was wondering if anyone could tell me whether it will work or not.

What I hope to accomplish is this:

- With one click, enable/disable simultaneously two boosts via two independent loops, one in front of the amp, and one that's in the amp's FX loop.

Reason being that I want to slightly boost gain in front of the amp, and slightly increase volume (for leads) via the FX loop, since my amp is already driven. Right now I'm doing two clicks and it's messing me up during gigs a bit.

The plan is to use this layout times two in one pedal, but then use two halves of a 4PDT switch (instead of two DPDTs) to create to independent loopers that click in from the same switch:

I don't need the LEDs really. I will be able to tell whether its on easily.

Is this plan doable? I think the only concern I have is with ground loop hum. Otherwise it *seems* like this would work.   ???

Thanks for any opinions!
J

[attachment deleted by admin]

jkokura

yes, I think it's doable. Make sure you properly sort out the poles on your switch.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Myramyd

Do you think having the same ground for both "loops" (i.e. the enclosure ground) would cause any noise issues? I think that's my only worry at this point.

J

jkokura

Don't know for sure, but I doubt it. If it's really a worry, use isolated jacks and ground things separately.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Myramyd

Thanks Jacob, I really appreciate the feedback!

I will try it as planned with normal jacks and if I get any ground hum I'll go the iso jack route with one or both loops then.

J