News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Darkside

Started by jkokura, April 20, 2011, 09:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Lots of these this week.

The Darkside is a clone of the G2. I did some of the suggested mods, but I wanted the darker sound, so I left some of the darkness in it. It's a real gain monster. What's interesting to me is how interactive the gain and tone knobs are. Gain and volume I get, but gain and tone? It seems like the more gain, the easier it is to bring in the treble, and with less gain it's harder to get it to sound brighter.

Anyway, I'll have to play this a whole bunch to decide if I truly like it or not. I wonder why all those cornish boxes go for so dang much?

And the Guts.

Enjoy!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jcuempire

Beautiful.  Gorgeous innards.  I love the speckled finish.  What do you use for your labeling?

bigmufffuzzwizz

Awesome!

Quote from: jkokura on April 20, 2011, 09:58:43 PM
Anyway, I'll have to play this a whole bunch to decide if I truly like it or not. I wonder why all those cornish boxes go for so dang much?

Not really into it?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jkokura

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on April 21, 2011, 04:56:46 AM
Awesome!

Quote from: jkokura on April 20, 2011, 09:58:43 PM

Not really into it?

Yeah, I'll see. It seems like one of those pedals that needs to 'grow' on me. Right now I'm trying to decide whether I like this one, or the Scuba Muff (Muff Diver clone) or the Ram's Head I built better. I've never really had or used muffs, so it's kinda something to try out for a while and see which I like better. I might end up passing on all of them but, for now I have all three to try.

One thing I know I don't like is having to have the gain up to get any sort of brightness out of it. I know I could fix it with some mods, but i don't want to mess with it much now that I have it all put together. If I have to have the gain up all the time, it takes away some of it's usefulness for me.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

stecykmi

part of the charm of the circuit is the darkness of it. it doesn't have universal application but it's also in the name.

it can really get lost in the mix if you let it, but for certain applications is beatuiful.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Analog Design Audio

hi ,nice job , may i ask what type of diodes do you use ?
i used BAT 41 diodes and all mods and the effect works great with the settings  : VOL 2'clock, Tone 2'o clock , and SUSTAIN 9 o'clock when the SUS goes over the 9 o'clock the tone is getting dirty , do you have other results with 1n60   

thanks michael

nzCdog