News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lin or log

Started by audioclone, April 24, 2011, 05:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

audioclone

Hi Brian. If you may, can you tell me what pots are you referring to A and B. I know in europe/usa/japan it describes different tapers and confusion starts ;)

Cheers

Mark_McQ

A is Audio/Logarithm
B is Linear

And you'll occasionally see C which is Reverse Logarithm

audioclone

Quote from: Mark_McQ on April 24, 2011, 09:10:19 AM
A is Audio/Logarithm
B is Linear

And you'll occasionally see C which is Reverse Logarithm

Thanks sweetheart  :-*

Liam

And when you buy here in the UK, it's the other way around.  A is lin, B is log.

Lesson learnt the hard way several times - I guess I'll have to declare myself as having a learning difficulty!

Liam

audioclone

Quote from: Liam on April 24, 2011, 04:23:30 PM
And when you buy here in the UK, it's the other way around.  A is lin, B is log.

Lesson learnt the hard way several times - I guess I'll have to declare myself as having a learning difficulty!

Liam

Thanks Liam. It indeed gives me headache often. My main supplier stocks pots both from US and EU :) I'll get mine from Banzai this time

Cheers again

Mark_McQ

Quote from: Liam on April 24, 2011, 04:23:30 PM

Liam

I've never came across that. Where do you source parts from?

Liam

Quote from: Mark_McQ on April 25, 2011, 04:49:27 AMI've never came across that. Where do you source parts from?

RS, Maplin, CPC, Farnell or Rapid Electronics.  Farnell/CPC are best for 24 mm pots at the moment (although 10K lin are really hard to get anywhere).  Maplin have lost their minds on pricing...  I think the A for Lin and B for log is a Citec/Tyco thing, but I'm pretty sure other UK companies had the same code.

Liam

Mark_McQ

Ah, I see.
I mostly go with Alpha, which is probably why that never came up for me before.

Liam

I'd stopped buying Alpha because most of my favourite places don't stock them anymore.  Any sensible UK stockists?  It might sound tight, but I hate paying over a quid for potentiometer!

Liam

Mark_McQ

I've had to resort to using Banzai in Germany.
Doctor Tweeks stocks some but not a huge range and mostly knurled shafts and pcb mount ones.