Brazen Bull No. 1

Started by jubal81, July 27, 2014, 10:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Fantastic Jason.  Really top notch.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

bcalla

Yikes!  I still struggle with decals and envirotex.

playpunk

Holy cow. Hahaha. That is awesome.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Hexjibber

Wowzer! Amazing build, class from top to bottom!

m-Kresol

That is one of the finest builds I've seen so far on this forum. It's a self-designed 2-level board in one of the most impressive enclosures I've seen. Love the copper finish and the graphics is killer (especially those intertwining patterns).
I see you used CuSO4 as a copper source. What was your anode material? What voltage did you apply? I'm getting this itching in my fingers telling me to try this as well. Next up: chrome finish ;)

And +1: if you have some left or do a run on these, I'd take one please.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

mah62

Outstanding, fuck the pants!!!

muddyfox

man... i dont think there is a bar anywhere anymore... you just keep putting out one great build after another. since we're clearly not even in the same universe, im gonna stick to trying to do the neat and you do the spectacular. :)

jubal81

Quote from: m-Kresol on July 28, 2014, 07:46:30 AM
That is one of the finest builds I've seen so far on this forum. It's a self-designed 2-level board in one of the most impressive enclosures I've seen. Love the copper finish and the graphics is killer (especially those intertwining patterns).
I see you used CuSO4 as a copper source. What was your anode material? What voltage did you apply? I'm getting this itching in my fingers telling me to try this as well. Next up: chrome finish ;)

And +1: if you have some left or do a run on these, I'd take one please.

Yep, it's Zep's Root Kill from Home Depot. I tried a few things to get it working well enough, but in the end it was some guitar shielding tape from StewMac and a 6V lantern battery. I tried taping a ring of anode around the tub, but that didn't work the way I thought it would. Just one spot is better. The work piece must stay at least 3inches away and it needs to keep moving/turning and I had to pull it out every so often and scrub with Bar Keeper's friend polish - seriously for about 8-10 hours. I watched most of a season of The Sopranos doing this.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jtn191

Jakes Dad

blearyeyes

Last night I was proud of myself getting an alcohol Ink finish to stick to my enclosure.
Now I feel like a 2 year old playing with finger paints..lol

That is spectacular on all levels. 

"Holy Goat Nipples Batman" (Bathumb)

wgc

well, I guess we're not having a summer contest, since its already over.

;D

this is super cool.  I can't believe no one commented yet on the fact that the etch wraps over the sides.  That's no mean feat.

Stacked pcbs is something I was just thinking about, and here it is.

Inspiring on so many levels..!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

lincolnic

I didn't have a shortlist for build of the year, but I do now.

Leevibe

slimtriggers

This is sorcery!  Clearly not the work of a mortal.  I suggest we re-instate witch trials immediately  ;D