News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Krunkee

Started by Haberdasher, June 02, 2010, 12:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haberdasher

I don't think anyone has shown a Krunkee build yet, so I guess I'll be the first.
I was able to incorporate 5 caps I had hijacked out of an old CRT monitor I had laying around.  It was fun ripping that thing apart.

I ended up liking this pedal because it lets me play Brit sounding stuff on my American Ampeg Reverberocket.  AC/DC sounded real good, so I dimed the gain & before I knew it I was trying to remember some old Judas Priest licks last night.  Fun stuff!

If I had to do it over again I would not have gotten the Taiwanese red colored box from smallbear, which actually looks like it has a little bit of pink in it.  Oh well.

I used a black plastic LED holder that I cleaned, roughed up and painted white with Krylon for plastic.  We'll see if that paint holds up.  Since I put the dc jack in the top, I wanted it not to stick into the box quite as much.  I put a #8 o-ring over it before sliding it through and that gave me a couple of extra mm's in the box.  It also kept the jack from spinning when I tightened the nut.

cheers

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

gtr2

I like it.  I thought it was pink, but it'll pass as Taiwanise Red  ::)  I do like the color combo with the white knobs.  The white led holder is sweet!  Nice work.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Haberdasher

Quote from: gtr2 on June 02, 2010, 05:02:04 PM
I like it.  I thought it was pink, but it'll pass as Taiwanise Red  ::)  I do like the color combo with the white knobs.  The white led holder is sweet!  Nice work.

Thanks gtr2.
Taiwanise Red, yeah that's the ticket.  That's what I'll tell people.  LOL  I'm not extremely happy about the pinkish case, but honestly the effect sounds manly enough to overcome its "Hello Kitty" appearance.

I was going for this look.

I should have used the red baron color from ppp.  Maybe I'll fix it up in a different box one day.  Or not.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:

Rich_S

Ha-ha... I have one of those red/pink Small Bear boxes - got it for free, a bit scratched and without a back plate.  I decaled it to read "Rosie the Rat" and I'm using it for my upcoming low-budget Slow Lorus build.  Minor problem with the clear coat slighlty wrinkled the finish, too, so it's be ugly but sound good.  

Nice Krunkee BTW.  I've played a real CB, and it's a good box.
I am using you; am I amusing you? - Martha Johnson

gtr2

I'd be proud to have it on my board!  It's more unique than the cr*nch b#x!!!  Anyone can have red..
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Haberdasher

Quote from: Rich_S on June 03, 2010, 11:44:08 AM
Ha-ha... I have one of those red/pink Small Bear boxes - got it for free, a bit scratched and without a back plate.  I decaled it to read "Rosie the Rat" and I'm using it for my upcoming low-budget Slow Lorus build.  Minor problem with the clear coat slighlty wrinkled the finish, too, so it's be ugly but sound good.  

Nice Krunkee BTW.  I've played a real CB, and it's a good box.

Thanks Rich.
I hope you wont think your Rosie is too ugly to show pics of.  I'd like to see it when it's done.

Quote from: gtr2 on June 03, 2010, 11:46:32 AM
I'd be proud to have it on my board!  It's more unique than the cr*nch b#x!!!  Anyone can have red..

Appreciate it gtr2.  When it's on the floor it looks more red than pink.  I think it looks pinkish when it's viewed from an angle and the light plays off the surface.

I've been using this box with the compressor to get some Billy Gibbons sounds, circa Eliminator.  I like it.

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE: