News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boss CE-2 Led Question?

Started by upthepunxxx, August 04, 2014, 06:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthepunxxx

Odale vatos!

The led on this old CE-2 was really dim, so I switched it out with a fresh LED. It was bright for a split second then went dim again. Does that mean that the limiting resistor might be bad? Here are some pics of the well loved pedal.

Wake up and smell the noise!!

Govmnt_Lacky

Are you using an official BOSS ACA power adapter?

If you are not... then that LED will always be dim or not on at all. It is a well known fact that BOSS pedals have a resistor/diode circuit inside that needs to be jumpered if you want to use another PS (like a 1Spot or the likes)

upthepunxxx

Yup, I am using the Boss PSA 120. I actually tried 2 different ones. An older model and a brand new one. I do appreciate you responding.

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 04, 2014, 07:19:19 PM

If you are not... then that LED will always be dim or not on at all. It is a well known fact that BOSS pedals have a resistor/diode circuit inside that needs to be jumpered if you want to use another PS (like a 1Spot or the likes)

FuzzTony

Hello.  :)  Here's an article explaining Boss PSA vs ACA:

http://stinkfoot.se/archives/726

Sounds like there may be a couple of solutions to your problem!   

Quote from: upthepunxxx on August 04, 2014, 07:46:40 PM
Yup, I am using the Boss PSA 120. I actually tried 2 different ones. An older model and a brand new one. I do appreciate you responding.

upthepunxxx

This is great! Thanks so much, I am going to give this a shot after work. Sounds like thats the problem!

Quote from: FuzzTony on August 15, 2014, 11:10:29 PM
Hello.  :)  Here's an article explaining Boss PSA vs ACA:

http://stinkfoot.se/archives/726

Sounds like there may be a couple of solutions to your problem!   

Quote from: upthepunxxx on August 04, 2014, 07:46:40 PM