ZPSDK feedback control is into runaway at 12 noon, want to tame it a bit...

Started by blearyeyes, August 07, 2014, 06:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

Should be simple to figure out but I can't!

My ZPSDK feedback control is into runaway at 12 noon.   I would like to tame it so runaway is closer to 3 o'clock to wide open.
Do I want to lower the feedback pot's resistance to get less feedback?

Here's the docs:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/ZeroPoint/ZeroPointSDX.pdf

I looked at the schematic and found myself staring into the depths of the Mind of Bean... and my head started to spin...

timbo_93631

Substitute a 50kA pot, should give it a little more fine control on the working range before oscillation and bunch the oscillation up nearer the end of the rotation.  I used 50kA's on a bunch of ZPDD's and it worked great!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

jimilee

Did you search the forum? It's been the topic of numerous threads. I can't tell you how to make it stop though, I'm sorry.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

It was recommended to me that I solder a 10k resistor across lugs 1 and 2 of the feedback pot, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

blearyeyes

Quote from: jimilee on August 07, 2014, 06:47:32 PM
Did you search the forum? It's been the topic of numerous threads. I can't tell you how to make it stop though, I'm sorry.

Well I have to admit I didn't search the forum and that is kinda a basic thing to do before you waste bandwidth.....duh.
Sorry about that...

Thanks you guys!