News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Some kind of rotary?

Started by thetrend77, April 27, 2011, 04:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thetrend77

Would it be easy/possible to make a rotary speaker style pedal? Something like the rotary setting on a Hardwire TR-7?

jkokura

Interesting idea!

Really what it comes down to is that a Rotary sound comes from being able to continually hearing your sound, unlike a tremolo that just vary's the volume of the signal. So you could approximate the sound of a rotary pedal by including the dry signal beside a tremolo circuit. I've actually thought about doing this myself, and will be getting a circuit going on this soon. Perhaps you'd be willing to be my prototyper for this one?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

Maybe include a slight doppler effect too in the way of a touch of vibrato.

thetrend77

Quote from: jkokura on April 27, 2011, 04:55:49 PM
Interesting idea!

Really what it comes down to is that a Rotary sound comes from being able to continually hearing your sound, unlike a tremolo that just vary's the volume of the signal. So you could approximate the sound of a rotary pedal by including the dry signal beside a tremolo circuit. I've actually thought about doing this myself, and will be getting a circuit going on this soon. Perhaps you'd be willing to be my prototyper for this one?

Jacob

I'm no electronic genius, but sure, I'd be willing to give it a shot! I can at least tell you if it works or not :P

madbean

Or, it could be stereo with some kind of panner. That would be awesome.

thetrend77

That would be awesome! Stereo output with a pan setting with an on/off toggle and a pot to set the speed? Yes plz!

masterlk

I would be interested in a rotary/leslie style pedal.  ;D

k.rock!

+a million!

Have you guys seen/heard the Strymon Lex?!  :o I know is DSP driven, but holly molly does it sound good...

http://www.strymon.net/products/lex/

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

thetrend77

I saw the Lex today and instantly fell in love with it lol

masterlk

I have seen demos of a few of the Strymon pedals and they are wicked awesome!

Quote from: k.rock! on April 27, 2011, 09:28:36 PM
+a million!

Have you guys seen/heard the Strymon Lex?!  :o I know is DSP driven, but holly molly does it sound good...

http://www.strymon.net/products/lex/

-Kaleb

LudfisterSound

There's  a Leslie pedal over at GGG, but like everything else interesting/unique over there, it's discontinued. At least they keep the project info up. The article is pretty interesting. This effect could be pretty awesome if you could switch rotor speed between fast and slow like a real Leslie. Maybe someone here can come up with a way to do that. This would be great for phasers too.

Haberdasher

What about this?  Looks kind of complicated, though...
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

k.rock!

Quote from: Haberdasher on April 29, 2011, 06:14:23 PM
What about this?  Looks kind of complicated, though...

Dear God  :o what a mess!
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jtn191

yeah strymon stuff is pretty much the king of dsp. and dsp's pretty much taken over delay and modulation

G.G.

R. G. Keen has a perf LERA layout (Leslie Effect) that sounds like it would really cool hooked up to a vibe circuit. One thing I've found with my Tri-Vibe build is that I change both the depth and speed settings with my foot a lot while I'm playing.  I don't really want it in a wah shell, so putting a LERA controller with preset min/max on both the the depth and speed would be really handy. Maybe someday I'll have the fortitude to put it all together  :D

http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/lera/lera.htm