News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Twin peaks Taplfo Question

Started by ggarms, October 19, 2014, 08:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggarms

Hey Guys, I've finished populating Drolos twin peaks trem and am having a slight issue. My tap tempo isn't working correctly, and my shape knob seems to not be working properly either. Depth, rate, multiplier, symmetry, and tone all work properly. The only substitute I've made is a tL072 for the 5532. Before I dive too deep: I purchased my tap chip from small bear. Is any further programming required or should this work in the circuit as received? Thanks!

midwayfair

No further programming is needed. Check each pin of the pot and make sure that one side is grounded and the other is connected to +5V. Reflow your solder on the components attached to those pins as well.

ggarms

Thanks Jon, All verified there. Everything is working properly, save for my tap tempo. Not sure what the issue is there, time to poke  ::)

drolo

Not necessarily what is causing the issues you mentioned above but I found that the TL072 does not work too good in that spot. Check if you don't have a 4558 if no 5532.
For the issues you mentioned, what exactly is happening when you turn the pots? Could you measure the voltage at the pot and check if the voltage changes also at the corresponding pin on the TAPLFO?

ggarms

Drolo, thanks for the reply, and the amazing project of course. The only issue I am having now is with my tap tempo not working properly. The resulting tempo does not even closely resemble what I am tapping.

midwayfair

Quote from: ggarms on October 20, 2014, 01:18:36 PM
Drolo, thanks for the reply, and the amazing project of course. The only issue I am having now is with my tap tempo not working properly. The resulting tempo does not even closely resemble what I am tapping.

What division do you have it set to? Also, make sure you're only tapping twice.

drolo

This will give you an indication of what setting the pots' positions are. Left is the shape pot, right is the multiplier pot.

ggarms

Dave, Jon, thank for the help. I had a total face palm moment and there ultimately was no issue. I didn't read further down and realize there are also triplet subdivisions. I was attempting to dial in 8th notes and did not realize they were syncopated until I paid closer attention. MAN OH MAN! Love this thing  ;D

drolo