News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FlameXS

Started by aeroemi, October 22, 2014, 04:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeroemi

Hi everyone  ;)

It's been a while since I posted something, last pedal was the Sparkle Dynamic Overdrive... Here is the FlameXS. It is basically a Booster/Buffer pedal; the buffer stage is activated when "switched off", and it is modeled after the classic transistor buffering stage using both the MPSA18 and J201.
The booster section was originally developed similarily to the Fatpants, but then I've changed the entire biasing network of the jfet (J201) to make it respond as close as possible to a triode tube preamp (I used, as a starting point, the wonderful article on Runoffgoove about the Fetzer Valve)... so I've created the FlameXS, very small in size and capable of 13 to 15 dB of clean boost...  8)

Bye!  ;)

brejna

That looks beautiful! How did you made those letters?

aeroemi

Quote from: brejna on October 22, 2014, 04:46:56 AM
That looks beautiful! How did you made those letters?

Thank you...  ;) they're silk screened... And the paint is custom made poweder coated

m-Kresol

Looks very nice indeed and very clean guts!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

gtr2

Thats spectacular looking!  :D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

aeroemi

chuckbuick

That's a beauty.  Very pro.

Leevibe

Fantastic job inside and out. Very tasteful aesthetic and beautiful print. I've wanted to try printing white over a dark background but haven't tried it yet. Which ink do you use? Do you buy from Ryonet?

aeroemi

Quote from: Leevibe on October 22, 2014, 06:04:38 AM
Fantastic job inside and out. Very tasteful aesthetic and beautiful print. I've wanted to try printing white over a dark background but haven't tried it yet. Which ink do you use? Do you buy from Ryonet?

I didn't make the graphics by myself, a dedicated Graphic Company here in Italy made it. They used a special laser silk screen machine (just like the one used by PPP).
I found this solution to be faster and more convinient comparing to the PPP of Mammoth Graphic services...  8)

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jprizz

Classy! That looks fantastic. I'm somewhat envious of all you guys who can build great looking pedals AND also take great looking pics of them.

aeroemi

Quote from: jprizz on October 22, 2014, 06:21:40 AM
Classy! That looks fantastic. I'm somewhat envious of all you guys who can build great looking pedals AND also take great looking pics of them.

Thank you!  ;D Nothing magic about the pics, it's just my nokia Lumia and Instagram...  ::)

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

Super clean. Came together very nicely.

Cody

aeroemi

Quote from: selfdestroyer on October 22, 2014, 08:04:57 AM
Super clean. Came together very nicely.

Cody

Thank you cody! 😉