News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Off Board Wiring 3PDT

Started by Zodd42, March 27, 2010, 07:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zodd42

Looking for a definitive 3PDT switch off board wiring diagram that is universal.  I've tried three now and none of them work.  I've checked my soldering very carefully and it's fine.  I don't know enough about wires and the switch to make intuative changes or corrections.

Also looking for the Zombii Fuzz OBW diagram.

Please help!

madbean

Zodd,

I'm working on adding in wiring diagrams in all the project documents. The ones mentioned on the front page of the site all have wiring diagrams now, so you could look at those for reference. The Zombii will get one too, eventually. The only thing to look out for in the Zombii as compared to the others is that the pots are wired as 1-2-3 (meaning shaft faces up) instead of 3-2-1 (shaft down). That gives you the option of using either regular pots with lugs, or PCB mounted pots mounted underneath the board.

Anyway, I've actually got another dozen or so docs about to uploaded next week, with PCB artwork and wiring diagrams. I'll see about getting the Zombii in that batch as well.

Zodd42

Thanks Madbean.
Which ones mentioned at the front page of the site?

culturejam

I made this one a while back. It's just for the 3PDT, but I've built probably 60 or so pedals with this scheme, so it definitely works. :)

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

culturejam

The "In Jack" and "Out Jack" refer to the Tip lug of of the input and output 1/4" jacks, respectively.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Zodd42

Zodd42

This version doesn't work for the LED.
I've have three other people give me three other diagrams and none of them work

madbean

It's a little hard to tell, but I think I see to wire jumpers on your 3PDT....are they touching each other?

mjcyates

It looks to me like you have the input jack wired incorrectly. Hard to tell but looks like the wire coming from the switch to the input jack is on the wrong tab of the jack.

soupbone

Go to GeneralGuitarGadgets.Com.They have picture diagrams on how to wire a 3pdt switch with led.