News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Timmy build (Harley Colors, not SF GIANTS colors!!!)

Started by upthepunxxx, November 05, 2014, 07:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthepunxxx

Hey dudes,

I build this Timmy and I'm really digging it. I'd never really played a "transparent" od before, but when I hooked this guy up, the idea of tone transparency made a lot more sense. 

I painted the box orange and handed it over to my brother. He took of the rest of the design. I still have the hardest time trying to get vero or perf to ever look clean!

xoxoxo,
bitter dodger fan

Wake up and smell the noise!!

luks999

Nice one ;) Looks great :)
wanna build a timmy too with the catch22 pcb ;)

hylandren

Nice build. Curious how your brother finished out the exterior...Stencil maybe?

Quote from: luks999 on November 06, 2014, 10:29:05 AM
Me too. Guitarmageddon's word carries a lot of weight with me, and he can't say enough good things about it.

upthepunxxx

Thanks dude! Yea man I'm really diggin it right now. U should build one for sure.

Nice one ;) Looks great :)

dannoceti

Quote from: upthepunxxx on November 05, 2014, 07:03:21 PM
Hey dudes,

I build this Timmy and I'm really digging it. I'd never really played a "transparent" od before, but when I hooked this guy up, the idea of tone transparency made a lot more sense. 

I painted the box orange and handed it over to my brother. He took of the rest of the design. I still have the hardest time trying to get vero or perf to ever look clean!

xoxoxo,
bitter dodger fan

Can I ask what pot you used for volume? I read the the original used a 25k with an 18k resistor from input to wiper. Also read to just use a 10k pot.  About to build the catch 22 board this weekend, any input is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luks999

i would be interested in that too
catch22 list 100k pot for the volume like most overdrives. why use a 25k there?

dannoceti

Quote from: luks999 on November 09, 2014, 04:52:21 PM
i would be interested in that too
catch22 list 100k pot for the volume like most overdrives. why use a 25k there?
I'm pretty sure the a100k was a typo and it was meant to say a10k, which is how this pedal was made for quite some time, but more recently was updated to a a25k with an 18k resistor attached, still not quite sure, I went lug 2 to 3, seems to work.

upthepunxxx

Hey there, sorry I didnt get back at you guys. I went out of town for the weekend.

I actually used a 10k pot for the volume.

Quote from: dannoceti on November 07, 2014, 03:30:01 PM

Quote from: upthepunxxx on November 05, 2014, 07:03:21 PM
Hey dudes,

xoxoxo,
bitter dodger fan

Can I ask what pot you used for volume? I read the the original used a 25k with an 18k resistor from input to wiper. Also read to just use a 10k pot.  About to build the catch 22 board this weekend, any input is appreciated!

upthepunxxx

Thanks man! Yea he made a stencil. He got the indian (native american?? Indigenous person??...) head image of google and then changed it up in photoshop. He added in the shape of a guitar to make it our own.

Quote from: hylandren on November 06, 2014, 02:34:38 PM

Nice build. Curious how your brother finished out the exterior...Stencil maybe?

Me too. Guitarmageddon's word carries a lot of weight with me, and he can't say enough good things about it.