News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New tayda code!!!

Started by jimilee, November 20, 2014, 10:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzy666

15% Discount Coupon Code : "HOUSE-OF-CARDS"
**Valid till 18 NOVEMBER 2016 ( 6pm New York time )

Muadzin

For the first time in years I got hit with customs charges on the last order. :( For years I made 2, sometimes 3 or 4 orders per month, nothing! Smooth sailing. Now I barely make any orders and BAM! Suddenly the highway robbers in uniform are awake.

Adam_DIY

Which country are you from Muadzin and how big was your order?

Muadzin

Quote from: Adam_MD on November 17, 2016, 06:32:50 PM

I'm from the Netherlands. My order was, after applying the code but with shipping, around $50. Our brilliant minds of the Dutch customs service deduced that my order was worth a little over €25 so they hit me with €18,50 in customs duties and administrative duties. They can't stop jihadists returning from Syria because of lack of manpower but they apparently do have the manpower to search what people are ordering on the internet. Of course stopping returning ISIS members costs money, and this generates money. Cue even more cynicism on my part.

Speaking of administrative duties, to illustrate what utter horse shit that is, there was a Dutch town which charged €1100 to change the names on a business license, because according to them they figured it would take a civil servant 13 hours to do the work. Since it costs less in other towns and cities they reduced to less then a €100, saying that upon closer inspection it could be done in an hour's worth of time. Meanwhile I just open a document in Word, hit CTRL+F, enter the words I want to replace and it gets done in seconds. Administrative costs? To pay for the work of a civil servant he's already getting paid for? The biggest load of horse shit there is.

Adam_DIY

Our import total before fees is £15 in the U.K. Which is just shocking imho.  I'm waiting for them to charge one of my tayda orders very soon.  My other half ordered a t-shirt from the states for me 6 months ago which came to £15.95 and I got a customs bill of around £9. It was just over £8 for admin fees and 19 pence for tax!

JackSkellington

Quote from: ozzy666 on November 16, 2016, 07:38:05 PM
15% Discount Coupon Code : "HOUSE-OF-CARDS"
**Valid till 18 NOVEMBER 2016 ( 6pm New York time )

I used it right now. I ordered material for a power supply, TDA2003 power amp and the Wampler Triple Wreck as preamp (but I have to add further features for this amp), Blue Box, stuff for mod the Cry Baby, Bit Commander and a EQ.
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

Muadzin

Quote from: Adam_MD on November 18, 2016, 06:48:55 AM
Our import total before fees is £15 in the U.K. Which is just shocking imho.  I'm waiting for them to charge one of my tayda orders very soon.  My other half ordered a t-shirt from the states for me 6 months ago which came to £15.95 and I got a customs bill of around £9. It was just over £8 for admin fees and 19 pence for tax!

Sometimes I think the reason civil servants need so much time is because they still chisel into stone tablets. You pay taxes to pay for the civil servant's salary, and then you have to pay again for them to do any work. Admin fees, they're like the government version of hidden surcharges when it comes to book a holiday or plane ticket. You never get those for the advertised price either.

m-Kresol

17% Discount Coupon Code : "THANKSGIVING"
**Valid till 26 NOVEMBER 2016 ( 6pm New York time )

those are coming in pretty quickly these days!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

Well dammit. I just ordered on the last one and haven't gotten the order yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GermanCdn

Quote from: Muadzin on November 17, 2016, 11:41:07 PM
Quote from: Adam_MD on November 17, 2016, 06:32:50 PM

I'm from the Netherlands. My order was, after applying the code but with shipping, around $50. Our brilliant minds of the Dutch customs service deduced that my order was worth a little over €25 so they hit me with €18,50 in customs duties and administrative duties. They can't stop jihadists returning from Syria because of lack of manpower but they apparently do have the manpower to search what people are ordering on the internet. Of course stopping returning ISIS members costs money, and this generates money. Cue even more cynicism on my part.

Speaking of administrative duties, to illustrate what utter horse shit that is, there was a Dutch town which charged €1100 to change the names on a business license, because according to them they figured it would take a civil servant 13 hours to do the work. Since it costs less in other towns and cities they reduced to less then a €100, saying that upon closer inspection it could be done in an hour's worth of time. Meanwhile I just open a document in Word, hit CTRL+F, enter the words I want to replace and it gets done in seconds. Administrative costs? To pay for the work of a civil servant he's already getting paid for? The biggest load of horse shit there is.

When I lived in Germany (and worked, but didn't collect a single cent in wages in country, nor was I entitled to any of the social benefits) I got away with all but one Tayda order, they nailed me on the last one before I left the country.  Fortunately for me they somehow put the invoice through to our Corporate Customs Broker and low and behold the guy who approved the customs invoices was me.

That being said what drove my abso-freaking-lutely bonkers was when I got charged import fees on a guitar I had shipped from the States (cause I couldn't find a decent priced tele), the also charged me import fees on the cost of shipping the guitar.  That cut it for me.  I get that I have to pay on the value of the guitar, but to pay on the shipping, 95% of which happened out of country, is robbery.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Muadzin

Quote from: GermanCdn on November 22, 2016, 11:13:10 PMThat being said what drove my abso-freaking-lutely bonkers was when I got charged import fees on a guitar I had shipped from the States (cause I couldn't find a decent priced tele), the also charged me import fees on the cost of shipping the guitar.  That cut it for me.  I get that I have to pay on the value of the guitar, but to pay on the shipping, 95% of which happened out of country, is robbery.

I know that exact same feeling!  >:( That's the biggest reason why I avoid ordering stuff from the US. It's bad enough that American shipping costs are astronomical, but knowing that you will be taxed over those shipping costs.....

jimilee

15% Discount Coupon Code : "HARIBO"
**Valid till 11 DECEMBER 2016 ( 6pm New York time )
**Valid to use only on www.taydaelectronics.com
**Please make sure to apply discount coupon during checkout, we can't apply it manually after checkout is completed.
Happy Shopping!

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

15% Discount Coupon Code : "HARIBO"
**Valid till 11 DECEMBER 2016 ( 6pm New York time )
**Valid to use only on www.taydaelectronics.com
**Please make sure to apply discount coupon during checkout, we can't apply it manually after checkout is completed.
Happy Shopping!

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

Adam_DIY