News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

any susskind fans out there?

Started by ggarms, December 06, 2014, 11:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggarms

I don't know how many forum members are into physics/astronomy, but I've been on a susskind trip lately and have found some awesome lectures on youtube. I got bit by the bug when I was a kid when my dad bought us a telescope, almost pursued physics/mathematics in college and instead went with psychology (I know) and now work in insurance.  Anyways, The channel 'World Science Festival"   has some pretty decent panel discussions on a variety of related topics. If anyone has some related sources/material to share, please do.  That is all (:

RobA

Ha, I did physics/math/astronomy in college and nearly went in to psychology after my freshman psych class. The prof I had for that class was really good and the material was so interesting. Probably the only reason I didn't switch was that my physics prof was the best teacher I've ever had or seen -- and I've had lots of classes.

Unless you wanted to be a programmer or a cabbie, it's probably best you didn't switch to physics ;D. I haven't seen Susskind's lectures. I'll have to check them out. 

Back when I was in school (pre-intertubes and easy access to video), the Feynman Lectures were the Holy Grail -- and for good reason. I just checked and stunningly enough, Caltech has made them available online for free (http://feynmanlectures.caltech.edu)
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).