Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda Updates

Started by bigmufffuzzwizz, May 19, 2011, 08:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgmezei

Thanks team. Haberdasher hooked me up.

gtr2

Anyone use any of the pt2399's from Tayda?  At 51 cents it seems to good to be true....

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

timbo_93631

I just got a bunch of 3pdt's from them, they had them for $6.99 with free shipping for 2 on eBay thaishine is their ebay name.  Same as everyone else's blue 3pdt's.  If they would carry the Cliff brand ones, that would be nice.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

jimmybjj

Quote from: gtr2 on September 21, 2011, 07:08:23 AM
Anyone use any of the pt2399's from Tayda?  At 51 cents it seems to good to be true....

Josh

I bought some about a year ago. I've used one is a little Angel chorus. Worked fine. I can send you one in tomorrow's mail if you want to try it out before you make a order.
Pcbs no longer available

pjpedals

Josh

All reports so far are that their PT2399 chips are a tad iffy. It seems their specs run wider than most, causing a lot of builds to act funny. YMMV

Mike @ Rawkworks

Ive used about 10 or so. All worked fine, maybe I'm lucky!
Although I put in a huge order last night and didn't realize there was a coupon...dang...

I can also vouch for the resistors, pots, caps (box and greenie - althought for some reason the .022 box caps are massive), switches, DC jacks, and soon the right angle 1/4 jacks.
Mike
mike@rawkworks.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: tyronethebig on September 21, 2011, 09:01:35 AM
Ive used about 10 or so. All worked fine, maybe I'm lucky!
Although I put in a huge order last night and didn't realize there was a coupon...dang...

I can also vouch for the resistors, pots, caps (box and greenie - althought for some reason the .022 box caps are massive), switches, DC jacks, and soon the right angle 1/4 jacks.

I too use all of their stuff with no problems. I saw those 1/4'' jacks, gonna grab some of those. And they added a whole bunch of Davies knobs!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

irmcdermott

they sold out of those black Davies REALLY quick too.

Haberdasher

Yeah, I noticed their green colored .022 wima box caps are roughly 1uF sized.  I haven't tried to fit them onto anything yet.

I didn't receive notice of there being any coupon.  Hook a brotha up?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: Haberdasher on September 21, 2011, 09:52:02 AM
Yeah, I noticed their green colored .022 wima box caps are roughly 1uF sized.  I haven't tried to fit them onto anything yet.

I didn't receive notice of there being any coupon.  Hook a brotha up?

It's funny, my last order included red, blue and yellow WIMA caps. Go on the facebook and ask for a coupon, the lady always hooks me up.
The black knobs are already gone!!! geeezz i hope they get some more!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

azrael

IF they get 125B enclosures, they will be my hero. :D

Tpetty5

I've had no issue with the Tayda PT2399 chips.  No problem with the 3PDT's either.  I really like their PCB mount Alpha pots with condoms.

lloyd17

Wow I had no idea Tayda 2399's were questionable. My recent Echo Base build has a persistent rhythmic noise [not the standard static on the repeats noise] whose frequency is tied to the delay time pot. The pedal is dead quiet with the pt2399 removed and I can't find a flaw with the rest of the build so the chip is likely in spec enough to work and out of spec enough to be very noisy. I'll pick a few up from a stateside distributor and see if that doesn't solve the noise issue.

Quote from: pjpedals on September 21, 2011, 07:45:15 AM

Josh

All reports so far are that their PT2399 chips are a tad iffy. It seems their specs run wider than most, causing a lot of builds to act funny. YMMV

Haberdasher

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on September 21, 2011, 10:09:38 AMGo on the facebook and ask for a coupon, the lady always hooks me up.

Thanks for the tip but it won't help me.  Evidently I am the last remaining human without a facebook acct. :D
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

timbo_93631

Quote from: Haberdasher on September 21, 2011, 12:32:43 PM
Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on September 21, 2011, 10:09:38 AMGo on the facebook and ask for a coupon, the lady always hooks me up.

Thanks for the tip but it won't help me.  Evidently I am the last remaining human without a facebook acct. :D

No, I am _the_ other human without a facebook account!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups