News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mutron III (GGG Neutron

Started by sirbergersworth, December 17, 2014, 08:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirbergersworth

I have had this board for at least 3 years. It was actually given to me by JD as thanks for shipping a kit back to him that he had inadvertently sent to my address. I had read about it a lot on forums and such and how it is a pain to build and get working well. I waited as long as I could, lol. I wanted to get my wiring a little neater on other builds before I tackled the tons of wires this thing needs.
I used CLM6000 optocouplers in the end. I tried the H11F3 and the H11F1 also. The H11F's just did not sound as good. The filter seemed to have a very fast open and shut. I wanted a smoother and longer sweeps. I used a 10 turn 10k trimmer for Rx and made a little daughter board for it. I also used solid wire. A first for me. Orange LED with a bit of a tapered hole to show a little of the bare aluminum.
It took quite some time to get Rx dialed in to sound good on all three filter settings. But, in the end, it sounds great.
One glitch. the gain pots rotation is backwards, but that is an easy fix.
I have been looking for a reason to use one of these Hex shaped hammond enclosures for a while also. This one was going to be for a 2 in 1 but this is a much nicer fit. I bought the factory finished textured black. Now, I need to figure out how to label it. I may bring it to a laser engraver.
Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

Droogie

That's a cool build! Love the hex box and the knobbies!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

sirbergersworth

Thanks. I am really happy with the sound. I am working on a design for the laser engraver now. hopefully we can get to it next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter