News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbaby - First build of 2015

Started by LaceSensor, January 01, 2015, 10:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Hi

Populated the board yesterday, and got it boxed up today, so officially completed on the 1st January 2015
Its the Dirtbaby- I was lucky that someone gave up their PCB for me to try having missed the limited run

I think my PT chip isnt the cleanest; I have about 20 from Tayda that all suck a bit / motorboard on long(er) delay times.
I will try and get a legit clean sounding PT before I do any side by sides, but suffice to say it does cop the vibe of a real Memory Man
The modulation is particularly nice, and the Rate control is a welcome addition.
The only mods I made were to have a 100kb delay control, with a 220k resistor in parallel (for about 70k) allowing for longer delay times.
Oh, actually, I also used polarised caps for the 2.2uF; hopefully I got them the right way round - I just compared to the DEM schematic and went from there. The one connected to the depth control is definitely right anyway ;)
I chose to wire it for true bypass.

For the graphics I just tried to ape the real deal again. Also, this time I went for a landscape orientation with top mounted jacks. Previously with the Dirtbags I had built them portrait; thanks for the inspiration from some other Dbag builds for that.

Here are the money shots:

now with video

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

LaceSensor

cooder

Snap! Great build, tidy looks all around, the works! Goodness in a box! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Hogharry

The layout just looks perfect. Lovely build.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

chordball

Looks nice! I'm anxious to hear some sound clips of this one.

selfdestroyer

Wow this looks great. Looks like it fit perfectly in the 1590BB. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Cody

playpunk

Excellent! Can't wait for this ine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

alanp

Been slowing down on the pedal front... but damn I need to build this one!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Guybrush

Great work on all fronts. Really impressive.

catfud

Wow, impressive build, also very much looking forward to hearing this.

LaceSensor

cheers

I might do a shorter delay time comparison
longer delay times my PT2399 doesnt sound so hot.

the filtering in general on this feels pretty minimal though ie there is a fair bit of noise, but again this might be exacerbated by dodgy pt chip...

kinski

Looks fantastic! Would love to hear a demo!

GrindCustoms

Nice one!

Very interested to hear that circuit too, Brian is totally owning the PT2399. 8)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

lars

Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....