News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Truffle Shuffle

Started by bigdaddymrx, January 22, 2015, 09:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddymrx

Though it's not completely finished(ie. paint and decal), this is my first diy pedal build.  I chose to do my rite of passage with project #1, a chunk chunk I named "The Truffle Shuffle". You Goonies out there get it! First and foremost I must thank icecycle66 for donating the 25k pot I needed, and a big big shout out to my bud from the 'burgh Billy (wgc) for the very generous pif I received.  Stock chunk build, nothing special except that trimmer 1 is backed way down to tame this beast. I decided to dry the diy route because there is really nothing on the mass market that I like, and if there was, it is way too expensive.  So I'll try to make them myself.  I have already built a Marshall 1987 model 50watt plexi and homemade Strat.  Thanks fellow madbeaners for welcoming me in.
Peace
Keith

bigdaddymrx

Leevibe

Nice job! Goonies never say die!

jubal81

Ambitious for first build! Looking good.  8)
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Hogharry

Well, there's no rule to say that you can't start with the rite of passage! Looking forward to seeing the finished pedal. I can't wait to see what you build when you start to get really ambitious.  ;D
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

rullywowr

Welcome to the forum!  Nice choice for first build. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

bigdaddymrx

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

AntKnee

Welcome!

"No, Captain Chunk!"
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Stomptown

TGP39

Great work Keith. This looks super impressive.

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.