News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mutron III & Univibe (added video)

Started by brejna, February 02, 2015, 03:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogharry

Look great and sound amazing. I especially like the look of the Moodvibe. 8)
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

cooder

Quote from: brejna on February 02, 2015, 01:43:24 PM
Quote from: cooder on February 02, 2015, 01:23:49 PM
Thanks for your replies on the details, another question I have is which LDRs did you use and which one's work best for, seeing that you've built a bunch of vibes?
Do you match LDRs?
Do you always point the straight at lamp and do you use a light shield ultimately?
Sorry for all those details, it's just that I dig univibes as well... ;)

You are welcome. :) I use LDRs from ebay, they are marked GL5549. I think that they are not all same out there, but you can try from different suppliers. I do use very primitive way of matching them. I connect them to DMM and measure resistance in light and dark, beside that important is time of changing resistance between dark and light, shorter-better. My first build was with random picked LDRs and it did sound great. For these LDRs I always face them to lamp and I don't use shield for them.

Awesome, thanks for advice. Will check those ebay LDRs out, so far have used Smallbear ones and like them, but don't have any other comparison. :)
BigNoise Amplification

nzCdog

slimtriggers

luks999

Stupid question to the vibemaster:
is there a rule how you setup the trimpots?
i setup the OFFSET at half, turned down the INTENSITY pot and adjusted the GAIN pot until the lamp was dimly lit. then i played with the OFFSET until i liked the sound.(built the harbinger)

brejna

Quote from: luks999 on February 03, 2015, 04:28:54 AM
Stupid question to the vibemaster:
is there a rule how you setup the trimpots?
i setup the OFFSET at half, turned down the INTENSITY pot and adjusted the GAIN pot until the lamp was dimly lit. then i played with the OFFSET until i liked the sound.(built the harbinger)

Vibemaster: "That depends a lot on the type of the lamp and LDRs. Usual setup is with everything max and try to get slow speed intesity best you can. When you do this, higher speeds could be bit assymetrical but when you back intensity they'll be more round. If they are to sharp back offset a bit or try to add more light with a gain trim."

teknoman2

Very good mate,
pretty nice work there!!!!

selfdestroyer

Fine! I will build a Naughty Fish.. lol

I have been on the fence for a while and I think your demo pushed me over. I think my bass rig needs one.

Cody

brejna

Quote from: teknoman2 on February 03, 2015, 06:21:28 AM
Very good mate,
pretty nice work there!!!!
Thanks mate :)

Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 04, 2015, 01:39:51 AM
Fine! I will build a Naughty Fish.. lol

I have been on the fence for a while and I think your demo pushed me over. I think my bass rig needs one.

Cody
I'm glad mine demo push you over to decide to build it.. :D It sure is great effect.

Cortexturizer

I've found that there's definitely a sweet spot that's almost unobtainable by only setting the offset and gain trimmers, you gotta factor in the "two 100K resistors mix" as well. It was only then that I've found a setting that I was satisfied with. The Vibelord will probably confirm but my experience is that the lamp should never go fully off (not even close actually) and you don't really need the gain that high actually. It really is a finicky setup in the end, but well worth it.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

micromegas

That mutron sounds really nice and the vibe... well that one is amazing inside and outside!
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

brejna

Quote from: micromegas on February 04, 2015, 10:52:42 AM
That mutron sounds really nice and the vibe... well that one is amazing inside and outside!
I am glad you like it.. :)