News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Whiskey River: STM800

Started by jubal81, February 02, 2015, 06:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Looong time in the planning/making, but a huge payoff. Sounds fantastic and gives you the saucer-plate eyes when you goose it with a booster. Wowser.

Followed the build doc and everything went together really smoothly except for a couple minor wiring goofs. (There's a lotta wiring). My main tip is to use the DMM to check each connection isn't grounding out as you solder it just to be sure some little shielding hair isn't touching something it shouldn't.

The light-up toobs are a bit tricky. I took the sockets completely apart to get the center pin out and all pins flew everywhere. Got them back together and epoxied. Stuck LEDs in the sockets and wired them to the heater supply and to the Optoshield and voila - light show!

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pryde

chordball

GrindCustoms

Most impressive man! That etch is a beauty.  8)

Glad you're digging it, you got into the devellopement of that project without even knowing what it would really be like... ...in the hope that it's beyond your expectations ;)

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

cooder

That's siiiiiiiiiiiiick Jason! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

bcalla

That is over the top!  Amazing etch.

Leevibe

Phenomenal, Jason. There's nothing I don't like about this! I believe you about he planning this would have taken.

rullywowr

That is all kinds of bad ass. Nicely done

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

morganp

Oh man!  It looks like it was worth all the planning and hard work.  Very cool, really digging that etch.
affiliation: www.dustystrings.com

jubal81

Thanks, guys!
One thing I forgot to mention is how quiet this thing is. No hum, buzz or hiss at all.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

wow... just wow... This is an insane build Jason. I hope this is a center piece on your board.. if not, hang that sucker on the wall since its a piece of art.

Cody

Stomptown

Wow!  What a beauty you've got there.  I love the artwork and the tube protectors are killer!  I'm hopeful I will get to build one of these!

hoodoo

TGP39

I have a whole flock of goosebumps right now!  This is stunning!

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Hangingmonkey

Looks awesome Jason.  I've got mine populated, just need to find the time to build it.
Where did you get those tube protectors.  I've seen some on eBay but they come from China and I have doubts about the quality and finish of those...