News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus 2015 board error

Started by madbean, February 10, 2015, 07:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

A customer sent me this picture of his Collosalus 2015 board. It appears that on his board there is a small trace bridge from C22 to ground which should not be the case. This is a manufacturing error as it most definitely is not in the design files I sent. Please see the pic below which shows the bridge inside the white circle.

I have spot checked some of the boards I have on hand and have not found another one like it, but I will be doing a continuity check on all the remaining boards to be sure.

So, I advise everyone who has received a board so far to inspect this area carefully. If you do see a bridge to the ground plane, it can be removed with either a razor or Xacto knife. Just cut the bridge between the pad and ground plane with a few controlled slices. If you have a continuity checker, please ensure that there is no connection to ground after you cut.

This might be an isolated incident, or not. I will update this thread when I finish inspecting the remaining boards. My apologies for the error.

BTW: Look at how tight that soldering job is! Impressive.

juansolo

That is some seriously lovely soldering :o
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pedalhealer

This is the Ambulance pedal. Check the Build report.
www.pedalhealer.com
instagram: pedalhealer_dot_com