Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

selfdestroyer

Only if I can bring a friend.

Cody

pickdropper

Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 17, 2015, 08:45:53 AM

Cody

That might be possible.  By the time that takes off in 2023, he might be up for one last trip. 
Function f(x)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: pickdropper on February 17, 2015, 08:48:24 AM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 17, 2015, 08:45:53 AM

Cody

That might be possible.  By the time that takes off in 2023, he might be up for one last trip.

Haha good point.

Cody

bcalla

I can come up with a list of people I'd like to send there.

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

ggarms

I've had that discussion with friends on a few occasions, but its usually of the following variety: If you were given the option to be sent into interstellar space (lets say we can go half light speed, relativistic/ time dilation issues be damned-you aren't returning) on a ship with all provisions needed to survive and be occupied (a bench and supplies plz) for the rest of your life, would you? The only caveat; you're alone, and you communication with others will be limited to the first year or two of your travels. I think i'd say yes.

juansolo

I'd probably be up for that... Thought I'm not sure they'll want to send a (then) 53 year old fat geek into space...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

madbean

Mars is cool, but I'd rather go to Europa. Might as well make it worth the trip!

pickdropper

Quote from: juansolo on February 17, 2015, 09:43:16 AM
I'd probably be up for that... Thought I'm not sure they'll want to send a (then) 53 year old fat geek into space...

I dunno, "53 Year-Old Fat Geek in Space" sounds like a pretty solid B movie.
Function f(x)

culturejam

Quote from: ggarms on February 17, 2015, 09:39:03 AM
I've had that discussion with friends on a few occasions, but its usually of the following variety: If you were given the option to be sent into interstellar space (lets say we can go half light speed, relativistic/ time dilation issues be damned-you aren't returning) on a ship with all provisions needed to survive and be occupied (a bench and supplies plz) for the rest of your life, would you? The only caveat; you're alone, and you communication with others will be limited to the first year or two of your travels. I think i'd say yes.

I'd go nuts. Probably quicker than I'd like to think.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pickdropper

Quote from: culturejam on February 17, 2015, 10:01:35 AM
Quote from: ggarms on February 17, 2015, 09:39:03 AM

I'd go nuts. Probably quicker than I'd like to think.

I think most people would go nuts in isolation.  Hell, even on The Red Dwarf, Lister got to talk to a hologram and a cat.
Function f(x)

Frag Magnet

Quote from: bcalla on February 17, 2015, 09:18:55 AM
I can come up with a list of people I'd like to send there.
Thread: won.
Careful what you wish for, friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

midwayfair

This is existentially bothersome to me.  :-[

cooder

Quote from: midwayfair on February 17, 2015, 10:31:23 AM
This is existentially bothersome to me.  :-[
I feel the same way really.

What has humanity become to create a 'Big Brother' real life shows with full media coverage to send people one way to a dustbowl while the real problems like war and starvation, diseases are just another sideline show and don't get tackled.

6 billion bucks for such a mission.

$ 25 saves eyesight for cataract patients in the Pacific nations for people that otherwise go blind.
http://www.hollows.org.nz/

I know where my priorities are to spend money.

This is so sad I can't even find a joke about it.
BigNoise Amplification