News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nom Nom 2015 no sound (solved)

Started by Tom S, February 19, 2015, 11:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

I am getting no sound from my Nom Nom 2015.  I have tested all voltages from both ICs and they are showing values equal to the specs in the manual.  When I applied my sound probe I received sound only up to the 1st leg of C1 (10nF cap).  C1's output has no sound.  I have replaced C1 with a different cap but that did not fix the problem.  Sound signal does not seem to be getting passed that component/area on the board.
A few things to note about my build: 
Q1 is a 2N5087
Q2, Q3, Q4, Q5 are 2N5952, so I turned them 180' on installation as their pinout is opposite of the suggested 2N5457
trannies. 

Any ideas what is causing this or what I have done wrong?  Any advice would be appreciated.
-Tom

madbean

Hi Tom,

You have used a 470R for R2 instead of 470k. That's your problem for sure.

Other than that your build is looking very nice. Please double check your other resistor values.

Tom S

Quote from: madbean on February 19, 2015, 11:14:45 AM
Hi Tom,

You have used a 470R for R2 instead of 470k. That's your problem for sure.

Other than that your build is looking very nice. Please double check your other resistor values.

Wow, thanks for the incredibly quick reply.  I will get right on changing that resistor.  Looks like I may have also made the same mistake with R24 (the other 470K).
Thanks!

-Tom

Tom S

Yep that did it.  Replaced R2 and R24 with the appropriate values and I have sound.
Thanks again.  Lesson learned, always double check resistor values before installation.