News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

tube screamer

Started by cjkbug, June 07, 2011, 06:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

I've been playing guitar since I was 15 and I don't think I've ever had a ts 808. so I etched up the os board and put it in a old beat up pro co. rat enclosure. wired up with a clickless relay bypass.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

night-B

This is such a great build! I love the enclosure, the decal on the side  ;)

petesz

nice!!
ive got one of these boards waiting to go..
what clipping options have you got there?
and how does it sound!

slimtriggers

That's great!  Really cool build!  I love those Vishay-Dale "sausage" resistors 8)

cjkbug

yeah I'm phasing the dales in. I really like the sturdy leads on em, they're great to use as jumpers and making your own pcb mounted pots. the dales are more expensive, but I think they are worth it. I can find some good deals in bulk on ebay.

cjkbug

Quote from: petesz on June 07, 2011, 07:05:52 AM
nice!!
ive got one of these boards waiting to go..
what clipping options have you got there?
and how does it sound!

I've got bat 41's and on the switch I've got a couple fets and a ma856

jimmybjj

Really good looking build! Can you tell me more about your "clickless relay bypass" I am really interested in this.
Pcbs no longer available

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

Hell yea! Thats a great looking build. You must have bought a powdercoat kit to get that awesome finish.
I'll admit I've never played a TS or variation ever... :(
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

night-B

I've built a ts808 kit from muzikding.de (my 2nd build ever) and I'm not pleased with it. Everything's poor quality inside and it stopped working after 2 or 3 hours of playing. The kit costs 30$ so heh what to expect? I think I'll give it another chance and try madbean's osp project, I'll put it in the old enclosure.

cjkbug

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on June 07, 2011, 05:51:13 PM
Hell yea! Thats a great looking build. You must have bought a powdercoat kit to get that awesome finish.
I'll admit I've never played a TS or variation ever... :(
nope that's enamel paint w- clearcoat. considering getting into powder coating though. I'm sick of chipping paint.

nzCdog

Love the look of this pedal, Great job! Do I spot a tasty polystyrene cap in there?

Quote from: jimmybjj on June 07, 2011, 03:00:04 PM
Really good looking build! Can you tell me more about your "clickless relay bypass" I am really interested in this.

Something like this maybe? http://www.muzique.com/schem/bypass.htm

cjkbug

that's the ticket. make sure you discharge any static before handling the processor they are easy to ruin if handled improperly. there is a waning on his website somewhere. I've blown a couple. :-\