News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

It's a J*** thing....

Started by GrindCustoms, March 30, 2015, 06:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

selfdestroyer

GrindCustoms

I've watched it too many times in loops, her accent is just perfect... will have to make a reply clip of that with my *winch bitch* falling of the truck.....

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

alanp

From what I can tell, the car has no door because it wants to be a World War I US Army vehicle. An oldschool Range Rover would be a much cooler thing to emulate ;)

I'll be honest, the dismissive nature of the advertising annoys me. "It's a Jeep thing" implies "You're stupid, wouldn't understand, and it would take far too long to explain to you, now go away please."
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

midwayfair

My older cousin actually DID fall out of a jeep while driving when he was a teenager. After his friend in the passenger's seat was fighting with him to try and take the wheel away and they flipped the vehicle off the road. He ended up in Shock Trauma with a major near-death injury and came out of it with a personality shift that basically ruined his life.

Don't do jeeps, kids.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: alanp on March 31, 2015, 03:51:27 AM
From what I can tell, the car has no door because it wants to be a World War I US Army vehicle. An oldschool Range Rover would be a much cooler thing to emulate ;)

I'll be honest, the dismissive nature of the advertising annoys me. "It's a Jeep thing" implies "You're stupid, wouldn't understand, and it would take far too long to explain to you, now go away please."

Hmmm, well..... to each their interpretation, i've not perceive the It's a Jeep thing, that way....  :-\

There's bunch of video on youtube called like that where you see group of jeep owners riding and having a great time or other people playing in huge mud holes, snow, pits... whatever. I think it relates more to stuff being done with Jeeps....

Sorry about that...

Rej

GrindCustoms

Quote from: midwayfair on March 31, 2015, 01:27:14 PM
My older cousin actually DID fall out of a jeep while driving when he was a teenager. After his friend in the passenger's seat was fighting with him to try and take the wheel away and they flipped the vehicle off the road. He ended up in Shock Trauma with a major near-death injury and came out of it with a personality shift that basically ruined his life.

Don't do jeeps, kids.

Sounds like even if they had doors they would have run into badlucks..... fighting for a steering wheel while rolling, in any vehicule can lead to injury.

pryde

Quote from: midwayfair on March 31, 2015, 01:27:14 PM

Don't do jeeps, kids.

When I was a 19 year-old idiot I flipped my jeep on an old gravel road with a couple friends riding along. We were drinking all day and I lost control driving like a fool. I sustained worse injuries than the others and for that I am thankful. It could have been really tragic. It is one of the biggest regrets of my life that still haunts me over 20 years later.

midwayfair

Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 31, 2015, 02:00:46 PM
Sounds like even if they had doors they would have run into badluck

More or less my point. The vehicle was unsafe in almost every way, never mind how stupid his friend was being.

Betty Wont

I'm teaching my 14 year old to drive right now with my jeep. I showed her this thread and she laughed, and then it got serious.... She was in a hurry to get that jeep and rip the doors and top off. She's having second thoughts now. 

raulduke

Slightly dissapointed as I thought the thread was going to be about...  ;)

Betty Wont

lol, i'm surprised no one on here has built a muff cabbage.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: midwayfair on March 31, 2015, 02:22:38 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on March 31, 2015, 02:00:46 PM
Sounds like even if they had doors they would have run into badluck

More or less my point. The vehicle was unsafe in almost every way, never mind how stupid his friend was being.

Gotcha!

To be honest, a Jeep ain't the safest vehicule out there, especially on pavement roads....it can roll over any time if you go too fast and turn quick.... but responsible driving and knowing your limits and the limits of your vehicule can take that out of the equation, unfortunately it's those two aspects that are more than often not respected and turn out into nightmares.

I closed my trucker log books, after 7 year of driving them at 2.3Million kilometers driven.... with no responsible accident, nor injury. If i cummulate my leisure vehicule driving experience i have over a million kilometers driven in those aswell with no accidents, just one speeding ticket in so far 14years of driving. You can always have fun and push the limits, longs a you actually know what your're doing and not threaten the life of others by your behavior..... and that you're vehicule is in good mechanical condition, trash car are the worst thing out there...

Quote from: Torgoslayer on March 31, 2015, 02:29:46 PM
I'm teaching my 14 year old to drive right now with my jeep. I showed her this thread and she laughed, and then it got serious.... She was in a hurry to get that jeep and rip the doors and top off. She's having second thoughts now. 

That's good!

juansolo

Another thing, wear seatbelts. Never understood the fascination with not wearing one...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

thesmokingman

seatbelts? grew up not wearing them because the cars didn't have them and I'm not THAT old. I didn't start wearing one until work started requiring it then it became habit at home too.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX