News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Arcadiator trimpot setting help

Started by lincolnic, April 18, 2015, 03:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincolnic

Guys, maybe (probably) it's because it's late and I'm tired, but I can't seem to figure out how to set the trimpot on my Arcadiator. It doesn't seem to be making a huge difference whatever I do. Can someone explain it to me? The rest of the circuit seems to be working properly, as far as I can tell.

blearyeyes

Get some sleep and hit up rullywow tomorrow...

rullywowr

Quote from: lincolnic on April 18, 2015, 03:39:59 AM
Guys, maybe (probably) it's because it's late and I'm tired, but I can't seem to figure out how to set the trimpot on my Arcadiator. It doesn't seem to be making a huge difference whatever I do. Can someone explain it to me? The rest of the circuit seems to be working properly, as far as I can tell.

The trimpot adjusts the threshold for the LFO to activate.  This means when you strum your guitar, the LFO will also start at that peak and last a little while.  If the threshold is too low, the LFO will be active all the time.  If too high, it will never trigger the LFO.

Hope this helps.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

lincolnic

Quote from: rullywowr on April 18, 2015, 02:23:31 PM
The trimpot adjusts the threshold for the LFO to activate.  This means when you strum your guitar, the LFO will also start at that peak and last a little while.  If the threshold is too low, the LFO will be active all the time.  If too high, it will never trigger the LFO.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, that does help. So does that mean I should be trying to set it with the LFO switch on? And if so, does it mean that when I have the LFO on it's never actually going to stay on all the time?

I guess what I'm really asking is, how should I have the knobs/switches set to make it easiest to calibrate? There isn't a lot of info about calibration anywhere, but maybe I'm just missing something obvious.