News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Reiterator Analog Delay

Started by aflynt, June 20, 2011, 09:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aflynt

Reiterator Analog Delay. Dual Aqua Boy boards built into a Pedal Parts Plus Psycho Green Vein 1790NS. I used the Cool Audio chips. I set the right side up for shorter slapback and the left side for a longer ambient delay. It sounds great. I love the way the echos dissipate and liquify into the background.

-Aaron

masterlk

Dude, that's totally rad! I want one!

aflynt

Thanks! I'm really liking the board mounted pots too.

-Aaron

thetrend77

That's awesome, I love how you did the ground wire!

nzCdog

That is awesome man...  8) Pleeeeze do a demo, I'd love to hear this in action

cjkbug

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

jimmybjj

I like the grounding bus, very clean  work.
Pcbs no longer available

aflynt

Thanks all! :)

I got the grounding bus idea from something Jack Orman posted somewhere. I was looking for a better way to do grounding on these dual pedal builds with lots of connections. I was connecting them all to the input jack before and things were just getting really spaghetti like. This way worked out really well. You just have to plan for some space for the bus wire when you do the enclosure layout.

-Aaron

P.S. - I'll try to do a demo vid sometime in the next few days.

bigmufffuzzwizz

That's awesome! I bet that thing sounds out of this world. I could totally use something like this with the option of going between short and long delays. Or combining them for crazy delay patterns. Great job!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

irmcdermott

That is a beautiful build. Great job!

aflynt

Here's that video demo I promised:

Yeah... I need spend less time building pedals and practice more.  :-[

-Aaron

bigmufffuzzwizz

That is an impressive sounding delay. I was waiting for the part with both delays on and so glad you added it in the end. So much flexibility and it appears like it has enough delay time for what I need.

aflynt

Yeah. The thing totally rocks. I've been using an MXR Carbon Copy, but this sounds so much more alive. The effect is almost reverb-like. With the mix all the way up like I have it at the end of the clip it sounds similar to the reverse delay from the Boss PS-2, but much less tinny.

-Aaron

nzCdog

"Daddy can we record knightrider???" lolz
Cool sounds man... those chops aint so rusty either, thanks for the demo! :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

I keep listening to your demo cause its just soo good! You should seriously post it in the audio/video demo section. I've heard people use the bounce back from a delay pedal to get crazy synchoronous patterns. I'm talking about what your doing at 2:28. Never heard anyone do it like that..I gotta figure that out!