News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

T3....A new way to 'paint' your pedals. (Tight Metulz)

Started by TGP39, May 07, 2015, 10:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGP39

Hey guys...
     Lately, I've been trying to think of creative ways to decorate my pedal builds. I'll stroll through Home Depot or Office Depot and see if any new ideas pop into my head......Nope Nothing!   ;D , but I did find something online.  Apparently there is something called vinyl wrap that they put on cars. The cool thing is that this wrap is pretty strong and it can be heated to stretch over curves or corners. So if they can use it on cars, why not on our cherished pedals?  Another cool thing is that they sell samples of this stuff on E#ay.  It comes in 3x5, 4x6 or 4x8 I think. So I bought several samples for less than ten bucks. I haven't tried heating it yet (my best guess is the auto body guys use a heat gun), but I did get some nice results. 

This was a desert camo sample. Another cool thing about this stuff is if you put it on and it's not straight? Just peel it off and reapply....I did this several times with this 4x6 sheet. So it cost me about $2.50 to get this cool desert camo look. If I painted this it would have looked much worse.  :o
The T3 was sprayed on afterwards using those block stencil kits. I just picked a letter and number and thought it would look cool as a military code or something.
I tried to do my wiring on this one as neat as I could. I'm getting better  ;)

I put the correct IC in IC3 after this pick (charge pump).  :o

Ok, before I forget....I have to say thank you to Brejna for this magnificent layout and pcb he did on this Brutal Metal Shred Machine.  I also have to thank JokerRx? For reverse engineering this fantastic pedal. Thanks guys....keep building and keep smiling.

Steve.

Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

brejna

Congrats, it looks great! Also new idea of finishing pedals is awesome, I thought to take lessons from my cousin who is air brush master.
P.S. What is current limit for that new charge pump :P :D

cooder

Looks pretty spiffin'! Great idea and great execution, super! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

TGP39

Quote from: brejna on May 08, 2015, 12:32:30 AM
Congrats, it looks great! Also new idea of finishing pedals is awesome, I thought to take lessons from my cousin who is air brush master.
P.S. What is current limit for that new charge pump :P :D
Air brushing would be so unique and beautiful. I love the idea.
The new charge pump didn't function very well.  ;)

Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Jebus

Looks really cool! I need to check out those vinyl wraps. They sound like something I need.

culturejam

That's very creative! And the result is very nice.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

Nicely done sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jtaormina

Cool man, i dig the counter sunk LED too. I'm starting to get away from using bezels myself. I may try this counter sunk idea!
Nice wiring, dont get much better than that!

HKimball

So I've wanted to vinyl wrap my car since forever - the vinyl being elastic is great protection against scratches so the automotive stuff is actually pretty durable.

This is something I'm gonna try out when I get a chance - thanks for idea

lincolnic

That is a killer wiring job, and the outside ain't bad either!

diablochris6

Sweet idea and excellent execution! Thanks for the ideas.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here