News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another rissole issue

Started by Luke51411, May 13, 2015, 10:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I replaced the 1458 and no my LEDs pulse again, but with the mix knob all the way up, nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Luke51411

Quote from: jimilee on May 14, 2015, 05:41:15 PM
I replaced the 1458 and no my LEDs pulse again, but with the mix knob all the way up, nothing

You are not getting any audio? It sounds like your envelope section is working now but audio is getting grounded out somewhere.

jimilee

I think so too, with the mix turned down I get audio. Could it still be the 1458?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Luke51411

Quote from: jimilee on May 14, 2015, 05:57:46 PM
I think so too, with the mix turned down I get audio. Could it still be the 1458?

I don't think so, if the led's seem to be behaving correctly the envelope section is working. The 1458 just controls the filter. Do you get audio at the send and return pads?

jimilee

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 14, 2015, 06:03:48 PM

I don't think so, if the led's seem to be behaving correctly the envelope section is working. The 1458 just controls the filter. Do you get audio at the send and return pads?
[/come to think of it, I plugged a patch cable in the send and return and the audio stopped.

Luke51411

Quote from: jimilee on May 14, 2015, 06:05:43 PM

[/come to think of it, I plugged a patch cable in the send and return and the audio stopped.

I would double check that those jacks are wired correctly, if anything you could just jumper the pads until you get it working. I jumpered them to start off, I like to avoid offboard wiring other than pots until I know a circuit is working properly.

jimilee

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 14, 2015, 06:09:08 PM
Quote from: jimilee on May 14, 2015, 06:05:43 PM

I would double check that those jacks are wired correctly, if anything you could just jumper the pads until you get it working. I jumpered them to start off, I like to avoid offboard wiring other than pots until I know a circuit is working properly.
Fantastic, thank you. I couldn't find a data sheet to see what pins did what, so I looked at Alan's to wire it.

Luke51411

With those jacks the pins on the side where the metal raises up and curves are the ones that will be contacting the plug the pins on the other side are switched. If you put a plug in the jack you should be able to see where they make and break contact. I've used those quite a bit just because you can get the CHEAP! on mouser and they seem to be decent quality.

jimilee

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 14, 2015, 06:18:23 PM
With those jacks the pins on the side where the metal raises up and curves are the ones that will be contacting the plug the pins on the other side are switched. If you put a plug in the jack you should be able to see where they make and break contact. I've used those quite a bit just because you can get the CHEAP! on mouser and they seem to be decent quality.
I used the enclosed jacks like Allen used so you can't see any of the pins, otherwise yeah, it would be a heck of a lot easier.

Luke51411

Quote from: jimilee on May 14, 2015, 07:35:54 PM

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 14, 2015, 06:18:23 PM
I used the enclosed jacks like Allen used so you can't see any of the pins, otherwise yeah, it would be a heck of a lot easier.

ah ok, they looked similar to the ones I have from the bottom.

Luke51411

On this version what are the order of the 3p4t switches, I'm not quite sure how to label and if I've set the limit for each correctly. Up down is pretty obvious and I think I have range correct...

jimilee

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 14, 2015, 11:25:10 PM
On this version what are the order of the 3p4t switches, I'm not quite sure how to label and if I've set the limit for each correctly. Up down is pretty obvious and I think I have range correct...
if you do a search for rissole build log, the original is posted there, also there's a link directly to the build log in the PDF file you posted. I can't figure out how to copy and paste it within tapatalk

Luke51411

Duh... Thanks, did you get yours working?

jimilee

Quote from: Luke51411 on May 15, 2015, 02:28:25 AM
Duh... Thanks, did you get yours working?
That was it! I disconnected the effect loop and it fired right up! Du huh, I knew it was something simple and stupid that I did. Now I gotta figure out how those damn jacks are wired internally. I really appreciate your help sir, this thing is killer.

peAk

Awesome that both of you guys got it working.

I ordered all the parts for mine but still haven't started.

This thread has really pushed my to get on the ball and get started.