News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Splosion Drive: Danger Zone w n00b etch

Started by Haberdasher, May 17, 2015, 08:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

Beautiful!  I need to try etching, I'd be very happy with a lot less than that.

Droogie

Quote from: Haberdasher on May 17, 2015, 10:44:44 PM
Quote from: Cortexturizer on May 17, 2015, 09:04:08 PM
Loving this one, that's a crazy good work for your first time bruh. Awesome.
How do you like the sound? I am very curious about that one.
Thanks man!
I haven't played it much at all yet other than to make sure everything works correctly, but it seems like it would be a very decent drive to me.  I think it's supposed to be similar to a Blackstone Appliance mosfet drive, but going from memory, my Mysterioso Jr. might have had a tad more OD on tap (not 100% sure about that).  I'm sure there would be enough range of tones to please most people.

First off, great etch and build. I've rocked mine but not boxed yet. I agree with your take that this isn't is gainy as the Mysterioso, and I'd say less midrange heavy also.
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

Haberdasher

thanks again, everybody.  one thing that occurred to me after the fact was, if i had just masked off all the pitting and not sprayed black paint into them, they wouldn't have been nearly as visible.  duh.  *smacks own forehead*  once you get paint in those little holes, you ain't getting it out.  i tried qtips with acetone, etc.  no dice.

Quote from: Droogie on May 18, 2015, 02:38:30 PM
Quote from: Haberdasher on May 17, 2015, 10:44:44 PM
Quote from: Cortexturizer on May 17, 2015, 09:04:08 PM
Loving this one, that's a crazy good work for your first time bruh. Awesome.
How do you like the sound? I am very curious about that one.
Thanks man!
I haven't played it much at all yet other than to make sure everything works correctly, but it seems like it would be a very decent drive to me.  I think it's supposed to be similar to a Blackstone Appliance mosfet drive, but going from memory, my Mysterioso Jr. might have had a tad more OD on tap (not 100% sure about that).  I'm sure there would be enough range of tones to please most people.

First off, great etch and build. I've rocked mine but not boxed yet. I agree with your take that this isn't is gainy as the Mysterioso, and I'd say less midrange heavy also.
thanks droogie.  i haven't done a side by side, but it seemed a bit different to me, not that it's a bad thing.

Quote from: luks999 on May 18, 2015, 10:45:41 AM
looks fantastic keef 8)
which circuit is thedanger zone based on?
it's supposed to be based on the blackstone appliances mosfet drive i think.  but it sounds a little different, I dunno.  i haven't looked at the 2 schematics that close tbh.  madbean could probably tell you more. :)
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

studiodunn

That looks great man, and not very "1st timer" looking at all.

selfdestroyer

Excellent work Keefe. That's an etch to be proud of for sure. Can't wait to see more from you.

Cody

Guitarmageddon

Nice! -certainly better than my first etch, and I think a bit of grunginess is cool too.
FWIW I generally mask as much as possible with tape, etch, wash and paint then remove the tape.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

Coda-effects

Wow! Super impressive!
You're talented at etching for sure!