News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Neutrino Picks Up Radio Stations

Started by tenwatt, June 30, 2011, 12:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenwatt

I did a search and seen another guy that experienced this.  Brian gave a solution of adding a 47pf ceramic from signal to ground at the FX input to roll off some RF.  Could I just put the 47pf on the footswitch.  I'm thinking about just putting it between B3 and C3 on the switch.  Would that work?
Not too bright....

madbean

Do it between B2 and C2. The other way would have the cap in the signal path all the time...even in bypass. You can experiment first by just touching the leads to the switch to see if it gets rid of the RF stuff.

Shielded wire might help, too.

tenwatt

I built a Neutrino for a friend and he says it does this but I can't get it to reproduce the problem.  I hope this will fix it.
Not too bright....

dwstanford

That sounds like an added feature to me. ;D.  Being in the south, my pedals occasionally pick up religious stations and sometimes hispanic talk radio.  I played at a party once and the guitar player engaged a fuzz face before we started the song and through the speaker came a very passionate missionary baptist preacher saying, "not only does it mature us, not only does it strenghten us, but SUFFERING...brings us closer to God."  Then we kicked into When the Levee Breaks.  (which we fucked up pretty bad, but that's not the point.).

Dixie_Crap

QuoteThat sounds like an added feature to me. .  Being in the south, my pedals occasionally pick up religious stations and sometimes hispanic talk radio.  I played at a party once and the guitar player engaged a fuzz face before we started the song and through the speaker came a very passionate missionary baptist preacher saying, "not only does it mature us, not only does it strenghten us, but SUFFERING...brings us closer to God."  Then we kicked into When the Levee Breaks.  (which we fucked up pretty bad, but that's not the point.).

Hahaha, I like that a lot.

I can imagine Zvex making a pedal that picks up RF and then using it as a gimmick to sell em.

dwstanford

yeah, only zvex could get dumbasses to pay $300 for a transistor radio.

Dixie_Crap

I forgot to say, I just ordered some Ferrite Beads from Doctor Tweek yesterday, haven't tried them yet but reports look promising for reducing RF.

http://doctortweek.co.uk/shop/article_382/Ferrite-Bead.html?shop_param=cid%3D47%26aid%3D382%26

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: dwstanford on July 01, 2011, 01:45:02 PM
yeah, only zvex could get dumbasses to pay $300 for a transistor radio.

:D :D :D Someone to model after?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals