News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

January Builds

Started by dan.schumaker, February 02, 2016, 01:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

So my resolution this year was to build less pedals than I did last year.  I'm not doing so well, here are the pedals I finished this month:

Dig Dug 2

Wolf Ball (Wolfshirt & 8-Ball)

Screaming Rat (Tube Screamer & Slow Loris)

Mudbomb (Mudbunny & Cherry Bomb)

Don't worry about what this one is  ;)

Acapulco Gold

Cheese Source (Thanks AlanP for the Tone Source PIF!)

Automaton (Thanks Pickdropper for the PCB PIF!)

Muu 5F1

Orange Goblin

Lamprey

mark123

Nice builds, friend!

Tell me about the graphics.  Is there a how-to around here somewhere?

dan.schumaker

What part are you looking for help on?  Let me know, I'll try to help with what I can.

I use photoshop and QCad to lay out all my graphics (I'm an engineer, CAD is second nature for laying out hole positions).  Photoshop to lay down graphics and fonts.  Then I print what I made up on clear sticker paper, put it on the enclosure, a couple coats of Krylon Clear, and I have a pedal ready to go.

thesameage

Leevibe

thesameage

What's the automaton?

I liked my lamprey but wondered if maybe running it at 18V would be better.

dan.schumaker

Quote from: thesameage on February 02, 2016, 03:52:21 PM
What's the automaton?

It is the Micro V that Pickdropper squeezed into a 1590a board, I got it during PIF-mas

Drew Hallenbeck

Quote from: dan.schumaker on February 02, 2016, 02:23:55 PM
What part are you looking for help on?  Let me know, I'll try to help with what I can.

I use photoshop and QCad to lay out all my graphics (I'm an engineer, CAD is second nature for laying out hole positions).  Photoshop to lay down graphics and fonts.  Then I print what I made up on clear sticker paper, put it on the enclosure, a couple coats of Krylon Clear, and I have a pedal ready to go.

Clear sticker paper or water slide?
I just did some water slides that didn't turn out the greatest. I'm gonna order some water slide sheets from a different source. I don't think the stuff I had was very good quality. But, always looking for other options!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

dan.schumaker

Quote from: desmondtencents on February 02, 2016, 04:10:34 PM
Quote from: dan.schumaker on February 02, 2016, 02:23:55 PM

Clear sticker paper or water slide?
I just did some water slides that didn't turn out the greatest. I'm gonna order some water slide sheets from a different source. I don't think the stuff I had was very good quality. But, always looking for other options!

This is what I use:
http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Full-Sheet-Printers-11-Inches-18665/dp/B002NEGTBU
Full sheet clear labels.  I find its a lot less fiddly than messing with waterslides.  I used to use waterslides when I was starting out, but I found this to work much, much better.

mark123

Quote from: dan.schumaker on February 02, 2016, 02:23:55 PM... clear sticker paper, put it on the enclosure, a couple coats of Krylon Clear, and I have a pedal ready to go.
That's what I was wondering. Thanks for the tips!

lincolnic

Quote from: thesameage on February 02, 2016, 03:52:21 PM
What's the automaton?

I've always run mine at 18V, no complaints!

matmosphere

Prolific, you manage to build as much in one month as I do in six. They look great.

Gotta ask, who is the boxer on the Champ? It looks familiar but I can't place it.

Stomptown

Dude!  Nice work on these.  I've been telling myself this year would be about quality over quantity but this makes me wonder: why not both? :P

alanp

It's the Bare Knuckle Pickups dude :)

Nice work, as always :D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Jebus

Wow, you've been busy. :o Great job on all of these!