News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2011 Current Lover finished... finally!

Started by aion, February 13, 2016, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aion

Does this qualify as vintage now? :)

I originally purchased the board in 2011 or 2012, and populated pretty much right away, but then the hold-up was the enclosure. I had to design it first, so I traced the Electric Mistress logo in vector. Then Pedal Parts Plus temporarily stopped doing one-off printing jobs so my next option was to etch it - but for some reason my toner transfers weren't sticking to the particular alloy of the 125Bs I was using, or something. I don't know. What a pain. Then I got fed up with it and left it in a box for a couple years.

PPP started doing one-offs again, so I ordered one on their chrome powdercoat (which is really nice, by the way - a good alternative to polished aluminum), and was finally able to finish it up. It fired up the first time, which is awesome considering that I soldered it almost four years ago!

One word of caution, the UV printing over the chrome powdercoat is not super durable. I scratched some off when I was tightening the nuts. Fortunately it's mostly covered up, and it'll be easy to touch up the visible parts, but still, I was a bit disappointed. But I suppose that it'll just make it look road-worn vintage faster than normal :)

playpunk

Beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Martan

Looks awesome! I like the knobs a lot, too. I've also got this board waiting for a box :P

selfdestroyer

BrianS

gül

It's gorgeous. Where did you get the little short bat toggle? The ones I have are kinda janky and not that durable. I love the look of them and would love to find somethat are a higher quality.

aion

Small Bear. The short ones are all I use anymore! Here is a SPDT on-on:

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/spdt-on-on-0218b/

Steve also has them in on-off-on and DPDT, which covers 95% of my needs.

BLMS has an even wider variety (including 3PDT toggles and PCB pin mount versions of all of them) but they are a cheaper off-brand. SBE carries Taiway which is top notch.

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Jebus

m-Kresol

spectacular build and great pics!

I demand a gut shot nevertheless  ::)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials