News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus trouble

Started by Orbis_Ignis, February 18, 2016, 01:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orbis_Ignis

I've built two of the most recent Collisalus and I have the same exact issue with both. I'm building it per the 18 volt instructions. I think I ruined the first board soldering and resoldering. Anyway, both you would just hear a thumping sound and the voltage at the plug keeps fluctuating. Everything is new on this new build with the exception of pots and stomp switch. I've tried different plugs even though I've used known good pedals with the same plugs.

I'm thinking is has something to do with the power since its fluctuating. I asked on the last build and Madbean suggested changing out some caps, which I did, but it still just thumped. I did socket C22 and when I put in a 62pF cap the thumping is more noticeable the if I switch it for a 47pF (there is almost no sound at all with the 47pF).

I've got to ask what is D4, D6, C20, and C21 doing if you're not using the 9 Volt build? They seem kind of pointless, but I'm super new at this so I could be very very wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I did get the Harbinger One going the other day. Loving it

madbean

You need to omit D6. This should have been in the document. I said to convert from 9v to 18v omit IC8 and remove/omit D5. But, I forgot to say to remove D6 as well! Sorry for my mistake...I will fix the doc.

madbean

D4-D6 and C20, C21 should be omitted ideally but the most important is omitting D5 and D6. I've corrected the doc. If you're first board is boned lemme know and I will send you a replacement...this was my fault.

Orbis_Ignis

It's definitely boned. Some of the pads have lifted. Too much heat and sucking, lol. You can send me another if you want. No big deal man. I can't wait to get that diode out so I can get this thing working, lol

madbean

Quote from: Orbis_Ignis on February 18, 2016, 04:27:04 PM
It's definitely boned. Some of the pads have lifted. Too much heat and sucking, lol. You can send me another if you want. No big deal man. I can't wait to get that diode out so I can get this thing working, lol

Just PM me your current shipping info and I will send you the board. Are you able to get your other parts out of the other? I can send along a few resistors/caps if that is going to give you trouble.

Orbis_Ignis

Morrissey007

Doc not yet updated?  Still doesn't mention removing D6?