News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus 2015 correction

Started by madbean, February 18, 2016, 03:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

On the 2015 doc, I forgot to say to omit D6 when building the project for using an 18v supply. I described how to build the 9v version and then described how to change it to an 18v supply afterward. This was dumb on my part. I have re-written that portion of the doc to describe exactly what to do in each case. This is what the doc now says:

For the 9v method populate everything on the board EXCEPT D3. You must leave this diode off for the voltage to come out correctly.
For the 18v method populate D3, and omit IC8, D4, D5, D6, C20 and C21.

dewees

Is the new document posted? I didn't see this new text in the one linked in the store

Morrissey007

I just downloaded the latest instructions, still saying the following;

For the 9v method, populate everything on the board EXCEPT D3. You must leave this diode
off for the voltage to come out correctly.
If you decide to convert to 18v afterward, simply populate D3 and REMOVE both IC8 from its
socket AND D5. That's it!

It doesn't mention removing D4, D6, C20 and C21, so  which is correct, can someone advise please? Thanks!

madbean

So, this is really weird. I made the change to the pdf in 2016. The revised pdf was uploaded to the site then. But, the link kept pulling up the old pdf. Even after replacing the entire folder just now it continued to pull up the old file. So, I renamed the entire folder, re-did the link and re-uploaded everything. Now it shows the corrected pdf. Very bizarre.

Long story short, what was written in the first post is correct and the corrected pdf now pulls up when you click the link. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have no explanation for why it was doing that.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Collosalus2015/Collosalus2015.pdf

blearyeyes

Morrissey007

Happy to report it downloads from the Project location and shows the correction.  Thank you very much.  As for why it happened...thats what happens when us Analogue Folk stray into the digital domain!