News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Clipping Mods to Glitterrattii and Serendipity

Started by Rocktifier, July 07, 2011, 09:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocktifier

I want to mod the clipping section of my Glitterrattii and Serendipity with switchable clipping options.  So if i understand this section of the forum correctly  (http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=1107.0) I can replace D1 and D2 of the glitterrattii with toggles and my choice of diodes. 

Q1: Do I need to keep the direction of the polarity the same as the originals or can I flip one diode's polarity around for a different sound?

Q2: What about the Serendipity since it has three diodes?  Is they way they're arranged considered assymetrical?  Also, I know I could apply the same concept above, but I don't think I want three toggles.  Do I just put D1 and D2 on toggles and leave D3? Should I jumper D3, etc? Suggestions please.

Q3: When brian says solder drain and gate together of tranny, does that mean use those two as one pole and the source as the other pole?

Q4: I will try some of the suggestions listed on the link above for clippers.  Could someone tell me which are silicon, germanium, mosfet, jfet, etc?

Thanks!
Ryan

jtn191

Rocktifier

Thanks for the informative links...they were helpful! :)