News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD don't judge me

Started by jimilee, March 08, 2016, 02:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Love a good Goldtop.  Those are nice guitars, too.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GermanCdn

Just so you know what the next symptoms in the disease are Jimi.....

Once you have multiple colours of the same model, clearly you'll need them in those colours in whatever fretboard material is available, so you'll have a burst with a RW board and a burst with a maple board, a black LP with RW board and a black LP with an ebony board, etc, etc.

Then you'll start filling out model lines.  For example, you have the newer version of the EC-400 series there with the Dimarzio pickups.  You obviously will eventually need an earlier model with Seymour Duncan pickups.  And, no, you just can't swap pickups.  That's not allowed.

Then you will inevitably need multiple models with different scale lengths if they are available.

And, of course, they'll be models introduced with tremolos that you absolutely must have.  And then the hollowbody version.

Clearly you've stopped fighting, so just continue on down the path. 

This is how I ended up with, err, 6 Core Singlecuts.  Started with a Satin model.  Then I bought a McCarty burst SC250 (no birds) off Chris Henderson.  Then I bought a goldtop SC245.  Then I bought I quilt top SC250 with birds.  Then I bought SC Trem in the same finish as the no birds 250.  Then I bought a fully hollow SC245 with Anniversary birds.   Too bad I don't have time to play....
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Leevibe

Quote from: GermanCdn on March 14, 2016, 07:58:03 PM
Just so you know what the next symptoms in the disease are Jimi.....

Once you have multiple colours of the same model, clearly you'll need them in those colours in whatever fretboard material is available, so you'll have a burst with a RW board and a burst with a maple board, a black LP with RW board and a black LP with an ebony board, etc, etc.

Then you'll start filling out model lines.  For example, you have the newer version of the EC-400 series there with the Dimarzio pickups.  You obviously will eventually need an earlier model with Seymour Duncan pickups.  And, no, you just can't swap pickups.  That's not allowed.

Then you will inevitably need multiple models with different scale lengths if they are available.

And, of course, they'll be models introduced with tremolos that you absolutely must have.  And then the hollowbody version.

Clearly you've stopped fighting, so just continue on down the path. 

This is how I ended up with, err, 6 Core Singlecuts.  Started with a Satin model.  Then I bought a McCarty burst SC250 (no birds) off Chris Henderson.  Then I bought a goldtop SC245.  Then I bought I quilt top SC250 with birds.  Then I bought SC Trem in the same finish as the no birds 250.  Then I bought a fully hollow SC245 with Anniversary birds.   Too bad I don't have time to play....

Curtis swaps pickups by getting a new guitar. Clever! No soldering needed.

jimilee

Wait, the earlier models had Seymore Duncan's??? Also, I'm curious about hard tail strats....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GermanCdn

Seymour Duncans and Earvana compensated nuts.  And they didn't come in solid finishes, all flame tops in either Vintage burst or Cherry burst.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimilee

Quote from: GermanCdn on March 15, 2016, 04:23:26 PM
Seymour Duncans and Earvana compensated nuts.  And they didn't come in solid finishes, all flame tops in either Vintage burst or Cherry burst.
this is like giving an alcoholic a beer, you know that, right?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GermanCdn

Quote from: jimilee on March 15, 2016, 04:40:56 PM

Quote from: GermanCdn on March 15, 2016, 04:23:26 PM
this is like giving an alcoholic a beer, you know that, right?

Who better than I would know that Jimi, lol.

jimilee

Me. 10.5 years sober now