Author Topic: Ping troubleshooting  (Read 4909 times)

LateCentury

• Transistor Tickler
    • View Profile
Re: Ping troubleshooting
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2016, 09:38:20 PM »
I tried that. It didn't work at all, didn't even power on. Maybe my drawing was wrong.

I flipped the regulator and got almost the exact same readings. Still did not pass a signal when switched on. Only a very faint one that I could hear once I cranked up the volume on the amp. I could even hear some self-oscillation when the pots were both at max. In the process I broke a leg on the REG, so I might as well socket a new one in this time.  :-\

LateCentury

• Transistor Tickler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 08:25:32 PM »
Got a new transistor and a new IC and it works! I needed up trying 4 different TL072's before I found one that worked. Now to finish the enclosure and box this up... Thank god the problem wasn't some other hard to remove component.

Leevibe

• Electron Doctor
  • Lee
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 09:31:27 PM »
Congrats! Good job sticking with it. How does it sound??? I have to say, it seems a little suspect to have that many TL072s be bad. Curious where you sourced them. Hopefully it's just a bad run of parts and not an intermittent problem that will resurface. Anyway, at least you know it works. That's awesome. I need to put in a SB order so I can start rocking some of these 1590g's.

LateCentury

• Transistor Tickler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 10:13:37 AM »
I'm not 100% sure it wasn't a bad or damaged transistor either. It sounds good! There is a little self oscillation when both pots are cranked, and i kind of wish there was more. But its good the way it is. crossing my fingers nothing breaks after I box it up...