News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Naughty Fish - Mutron III

Started by destro, April 21, 2016, 02:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

destro

Had a little trouble with this one, but nothing that I couldn't get past. I  thought that I had done the graphic labels wrong and then realized that the names for the controls can be rather tricky and all was well. I installed the tayda on/on/on switch that I thought was going to work. I should have thouroughly tested it as the middle position is mirrored compared to the smallbear one. Minor meltdown over my lack of taking 30 seconds extra with the meter. I ordered a couple of them. So desoldered and removed it. Made a couple of cuts and connections and put the other one in and bingo! I socketed the optos and had vactrols on hand. Compared them to diy optos with yellow diffused 5mm leds and gl5549 ldrs. With the trim I was able to dial it in just fine. I compared the sweep the best I could to audio sample on youtube and learned some funk chords while I was at it. Good times. While building realized that the optional volume pot is not board mounted and would have left it out had I noticed earlier, but the graphic was made at that point and didn't want to go back. Glad I didn't. Optional or not, it is definitely useful.

archaos

Mehr Licht !

Orbis_Ignis

That's nice man! I'm working on one myself. I'm thinking about putting the sweep on an external pot though

destro

Quote from: Orbis_Ignis on April 22, 2016, 12:48:55 AM
That's nice man! I'm working on one myself. I'm thinking about putting the sweep on an external pot though

That wouldn't be a bad idea!