News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 23, 2016, 02:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

I just started a game called A Small Hike on the switch. It's very laid back but it's definitely fun so far. It's really all exploring and trading and maybe some very simple puzzles. No fighting or anything. The main character is a bird and you can do some gliding. The mechanics of it are good and it's probably what makes the game as much fun as it is. Cool for a nice relaxed laid back time.

Also played a little bit of Mega Man 11, but not enough to really say much so far. Seems a little more difficult than the adverse mega man so far, and the levels get pretty long for this type of game.

Willybomb

I got Overland recently in a massive cheap sale. Bloody hard.

somnif

I've been playing Disco Elysium.

It's... great. Old school Isometric RPG with a fascinating impresionist-ish art style and some utterly fantastic writing. You're a dude who has literally wiped your mind clean with drink and drugs, and are kinda re-building yourself from the ground up. You have conversations with inanimate objects. You go off on random tangents during conversations about the nature of reality. You hunt a creature made of living sound. You throw up. I love it.

juansolo

Jedi Fallen Order - It's sub-Uncharted/Tomb Raider in terms of it's traversal (it's trying REALLY hard to be Uncharted with Jedis), it's sub-God of War/Horizon Zero Dawn in terms of combat and it's sub-God of War/The Last of Us in terms of story, it's also a little janky in terms of polish. As a game it's actually decent, but never really gets beyond that*. However you get to be a ginger Jedi, and that's kinda awesome. An enjoyable, if forgettable experience. Very Marvel like in modern terms.

*There's one moment that's so freaking awesome that I don't want to spoil. But it's almost worth it for that alone. I just wish the rest of the game was as compelling as that sequence.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Willybomb

Just started Wasteland 3 the other day.  I have tamed/charmed a chicken that does as much melee damage as an automatic rifle...

destro

Quote from: Willybomb on September 23, 2020, 11:19:53 AM
Just started Wasteland 3 the other day.  I have tamed/charmed a chicken that does as much melee damage as an automatic rifle...

Didn't hear it was out. Thanks for the heads up. Very much enjoyed Wasteland 2. I've always been a fan of turn based action/strategy. Jagged Alliance, XCOM....good times.

alanp

https://store.steampowered.com/app/358350/Secret_Agent/

This game is just as addictive as when I first played it on the family 486.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

alanp

Played Overlord a wee bit when it first came out, picked it up on Steam in a bundle on special (along with the expansion, and Overlord 2).

It's still a lot of fun! I finished the first campaign, and the story isn't really anything to rave about, but it has so much character I enjoyed it anyway. The expansion has a lot more story (quite engaging story!), but it lacks the original campaign's ability to let you brute-force problems by throwing disposable minions at them. It will only let you proceed with the one solution that the devs came up with. But the story makes it worth it... mostly... after you've beaten your head against a brick wall and realised what the special trick in *this* particular case is.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

Willybomb

QuoteDidn't hear it was out. Thanks for the heads up. Very much enjoyed Wasteland 2. I've always been a fan of turn based action/strategy. Jagged Alliance, XCOM....good times.

Yeah, I've played through most of those too.  Didn't enjoy the new X-coms so much though.

alanp

Long shot, but does anyone have a 220 - 240V Sega Master System, or Nintendo NES, that they want to sell for cheap?

I've had enough CD and DVD drives die of old age, that I'm really not interested in old CD-based systems.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

Willybomb

QuoteLong shot, but does anyone have a 220 - 240V Sega Master System, or Nintendo NES, that they want to sell for cheap?

I picked up a Raspberry Pi in a small case at a garage sale for $5 a couple of weeks ago.  I promptly grabbed a 64g SD card and installed Retropie on it...

Finished Wastelands 3 a while ago now, but I upgraded to a Dell G3 15 on saturday so I've been busy loading all the stuff that didn't play so well on my old laptop...

alanp

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1049410/Superliminal/

Very fun game. At times, it reminds me of old Sierra adventure games -- you need to get into the mind of the puzzle designer to figure out the moon logic needed, but it's still a very fun game.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

harryklippton

Quote from: alanp on March 16, 2021, 06:54:54 AM
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1049410/Superliminal/

Very fun game. At times, it reminds me of old Sierra adventure games -- you need to get into the mind of the puzzle designer to figure out the moon logic needed, but it's still a very fun game.

Looks cool. I grew up on Sierra games

Govmnt_Lacky

Not for nothing but.....

I took a GIANT leap into the 2010s and got me a Raspberry Pi 3. Fixed it up and got 'some' ROMS loaded for SNES, NES, and various Arcade sims (Special thanks to Mike (Flanagan) for the big assist)

Ran into some issues with the Coleco and Intellivision ROMs but I am sure it will get sorted.

Still want to get Daphne onto the Retropie and run Dragon's Lair  8)

jimilee

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on March 16, 2021, 05:01:34 PM
Not for nothing but.....

I took a GIANT leap into the 2010s and got me a Raspberry Pi 3. Fixed it up and got 'some' ROMS loaded for SNES, NES, and various Arcade sims (Special thanks to Mike (Flanagan) for the big assist)

Ran into some issues with the Coleco and Intellivision ROMs but I am sure it will get sorted.

Still want to get Daphne onto the Retropie and run Dragon's Lair  8)
Man, that sounds awesome. Got any pics to push me over the edge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.