News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Quote from: alanp on June 29, 2016, 10:52:53 PM
The difficulty ramps up quite a bit in Portal 2, though -- more mechanics to bear in mind, plus a greater love of putting the one portal capable surface you need for the puzzle in a place you won't spot until you've spent ten minutes searching. Maybe I'm just thick :)

Steve Merchant was very funny as Wheatley, really enjoyed both games.

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Willybomb

Returned to PlagueInc.  The zombie necrovirus is proving difficult to exterminate humanity with.

selfdestroyer

This summer is kicking my ass already. It was 108 degrees here last week.. ugh..

So that being said, I stayed inside and played Diablo III with expansion on PS4. I beat the full campain and expansion in 3 days with a Demon Hunter and finished off at level 65. I need to do a bit of grinding to get to 70 to unlock other things to do. I forgot how much I loved the Diablo series.

Also still playing through Doom (2016) on the PS4. Have been taking my time on it and having a blast. Multiplayer is TERRIBLE but the campaign is pure gold. Grab the first mission demo if your on the fence about playing it.

Cody

EBRAddict

Recently finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. Great if you like jumpy puzzle games.

Currently on Just Cause 3 and Playing 7 Days to Die with some coworkers (after hours lol).

thePhatLady

If you guys are into creative puzzle games (portal etc.), The Talos Principle was a really fun and difficult puzzle game. The plot is super interesting as well, if you choose to follow it, and the mechanics are pretty cool too.
the answer is: "don't think about it"

alanp

Spent an hour chasing my tail before I found that to install and run Blood Rayne 1, you need to disable realtime antivirus, for some reason (this is the Steam version, not some warez site.)

Oh, and it has that annoying multi-monitor thing where if you scroll the mouse too far and click, Windows will think you are clicking on the desktop and not the game, and minimize the game, mid action.

It's still fun, though. More fun than BR2, IMO -- what, she suddenly forgets how to use all kind of firearms, except for the gimmicky pistols you get?

That's something I quite like about BR1 -- she picks up firearms that enemies drop, and shoots them until the magazine runs out, at which point she throws it away and either scavenges more firearms from corpses, carves up corpses with her two arm-sword things, or plain-out vampire-attacks.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

Quote from: alanp on July 09, 2016, 02:46:16 AM
Oh, and it has that annoying multi-monitor thing where if you scroll the mouse too far and click, Windows will think you are clicking on the desktop and not the game, and minimize the game, mid action.

This drives me nuts with Quake 1/2 in steam at work..

Cody

madbean

At this point, I am a very, very wealthy killing machine. It's getting a bit harder to find big quests now so I am doing lots of caving. I probably should stop playing but it's just too much fun.

Also, a pic of a horse I found frozen in perpetual shock.

stringsthings

Started on Arkham Knight.  Finished it once and now I'm going for all the trophies on the 2nd pass.
All You Need Is Love

Willybomb

QuoteBlood Rayne 1

I agree, BR1 was a fun game.  Just a FUN game.  No massive pretensions of anything, just some cool ideas well executed.  I also agree that BR2 wasn't as good.  Couldn't get into it.

The Blood Rayne movie... well... that was a Uwe Bolle effort.  Probably a little above his normal output but not as good as Postal (which was pretty damn funny actually).

alanp

I've never bothered to watch ANY Uwe Boll movie. I work on an assumption that they're a massive tax dodge for his investors.

BR2 got a bit up itself in the story department, and the pistols it introduced were derpy.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

matmosphere

This looks like it could be fun.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces-the-mini-nes-will-play-30-classic-g-1783660997

I have most of these games already but this thing is probably worth it for the ease of HDMI. Not to mention doing away with the need to blow on cartridges.

Wireless controllers certainly wouldn't hurt though.

Lubdar

Just started Dark Souls, they were right to call it the "prepare to die edition"....
(--c^.^)--c

flanagan0718

Quote from: Lubdar on July 14, 2016, 10:12:48 PM
Just started Dark Souls, they were right to call it the "prepare to die edition"....

Understatement! I've played through 3 times now. great game. I'm playing DS2 now. It's ok, they changed quite a bit but it just takes some getting used to.

Willybomb

QuoteI've never bothered to watch ANY Uwe Boll movie. I work on an assumption that they're a massive tax dodge for his investors.

That's all true I'd say, but the Postal movie is ... Dunno how to describe it... Very satirical, and very funny.  I loved it personally.