News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

LOL, didn't realise it'd put the filename up ;)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

chromesphere

tbh I didn't even see the file name.  John its a shame you live on the other side of the world (or maybe I do), I have a feeling you and I would be good gaming buddies :)

I wouldn't say I'm big into boardgames but I like them for a change.  I really like the fantasy flight Arkham horror themed games.  Mansions of Madness (2e) was great, I have to spend some more time with it.  MOM(1e) was a little too complicated. 

I put this video up of some (ahem...amateur) figure painting of the MOM(2e) figures a while ago on my "everything that's not pedal related" channel.  Its a little long winded, but then that's my videos for you :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lh5bbelK4oc

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

juansolo

Ah you're better at painting than me. Thankfully my mate's daughter is a bit of a ninja at it and has turned out some stonking things. But I have to admit, I still enjoy doing it. We're currently running through the Tyranny of Dragons (5e) campaign with his kids who are really getting into it. Currently one of them was going a bit loot whore murder-hobo, hopefully him getting dropped twice and killed on the 3rd occasion (our cleric, his mum, brought him back) will make him realise he's not an invulnerable death machine ;)

All the stuff is over at their house so I'll get one of them to take a pic of a couple of the miniatures to post.

Update: The blue dude is mine, came out blurry annoyingly, the others are hers.

sonnyboy27

I should have figured this would be a place with other D&D players. I'm running a 5e campaign with my wife and some friends right now. We're doing an experiment where we swap DMs every 8 weeks. I'm up to bat right now and it's way more challenging than I had expected. There's so much to keep track of.

juansolo

I've never sat behind the screen. Threatened to do it once but it never panned out. But yeah, I have a great appreciation for a good DM. Lot of stuff you have to have in your noodle, and you really need to be able to think / improvise on your feet.

chromesphere

U pick up some bargains in your game collecting travels. Picked up all this stuff at the market today for $25. Tonnes of wii. Its not exactly expensive nobody wants the wii (at the moment) but 25 bux for all this stuff is just a score. Well..it is to me :)

somnif

Your power adapters have weird plugs....

(And I don't think those are Wii memory cards  ??? )

chromesphere

Quote from: somnif on December 16, 2017, 06:38:55 PM
Your power adapters have weird plugs....

(And I don't think those are Wii memory cards  ??? )

No theres are definitely normal, yours might be weird? :) ha
Yeah the guy had all sorts of stuff.  It was like flock of seagulls to an open packet of chips.  A Wii easter egg hunt.

alanp

You've got a golden shower of Wii, there!

(I regret nothing.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Andlord

Quote from: chromesphere on November 30, 2017, 02:11:32 PM
I wouldn't say I'm big into boardgames but I like them for a change.  I really like the fantasy flight Arkham horror themed games.  Mansions of Madness (2e) was great, I have to spend some more time with it.  MOM(1e) was a little too complicated. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lh5bbelK4oc

I love MOM, acctually I love all the cthulhu stuff ffg puts out. If I had to choose I'd pick Eldritch Horror over the others tho. But I have to say the minis really really suck. Really not so much fun to paint.

Did not realise that this thread is also for Boardgames. I finally recieved a few Kickstarter games from a year ago (when I had the cash for it :( ). Looking forward to try Dark Souls TbG, Kingdom Death Monster and Gloomhaven soon(ish). Those will be/are fun to paint :)

juansolo

That's a whole load of Wii!

Totally agree though, with a few exceptions, old hardware is pretty cheap at the moment. I got in there thankfully before the resurgence of the retro scene so got a lot of it cheap and indeed quite a bit given. I put the feelers out on Facebook at the time to see if any of my friends had old kit stuck up in their lofts that they didn't want any more. I got a few things out of that.

zombie_rock123

I've gotta get round to looking into modding the Wii, Im amazed that Netflix is still supported on it.

John or anyone if youre reading and know of someone after an N64 in the UK gimme a shout, Ive got one that needs a good home but don't want to suffer the eBay sale and "it doesnt work on my HD telly" frigabout.
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

juansolo

Fraid not, I've got a modded to hell one, and I know Cleggy (who's also into a bit of retro gameage) is weirdly not a fan of the N64.

warriorpoet

When I have a few minutes to game I like building stuff in Fallout 4, but when I want to jump in, it's Witcher 3. Incredible narrative experience, that.
Mzo.FX, Owner

thesmokingman

Monopoly Gamer was a fun experience once kids were done fighting over who got to be Peach ... probably going to use expansion pieces for stocking stuffers.

once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX