News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What are you playing? (games)

Started by jtn191, April 22, 2016, 07:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

That game isn't made to be played, it's made to watch someone play.

fair.child

well, I have finished the climb twice and pretty disappointed with the reward.  ;D

somnif

Quote from: midwayfair on January 14, 2018, 11:32:07 AM
That game isn't made to be played, it's made to watch someone play.

You mean "watch someone have a nervous breakdown"  ;D

chromesphere

Quote from: juansolo on January 13, 2018, 11:51:41 AM
Quote from: chromesphere on January 13, 2018, 03:08:50 AM
Unloaded this video to my other "random stuff" channel.  Just me talking about some of my Wii collecting "bargains" and a few tips for others new to it all.  Check it out let me know your thoughts!

Watching your Wii thing now. I'm only missing odd things I want on Wii and bizarrely not really the rare stuff (thankfully picked most of that up before the prices started to rise). It was one of the pleasant side effects of the Wii U though, as I'd never had a Wii thinking it was all Just Dance and Wii Play bollocks. There's some really seriously awesome stuff on there.

Though I haven't got Fire Emblem, that's insane money here now sadly.

Fire emblem was a tough one to find at a reasonable price (hopefully "free" once I offload this mountain of crap that came with it).  I had a couple of close calls but the deals didn't happen, I was too slow or someone offered to buy all the other stuff they were selling to get fire emblem.  So happy I can cross that one off the list.

There are so many games on the wii its ridiculous.  1500 or something?  Id say majority is average or rubbish.  But there are still 200+ awesome games on the system.  I think its got a bad wrap because there is so much junk most people that owned the system bought any old titles and then faced disappointment when the games turned out to be rubbish.  ie It was hard for the average joe to find the gems.  I think that's why the typical AAA's still sell for a decent price, they were no brainers for everybody, people are wanting to buy those games back.  But I guess you could say that about any system...

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty complete with my wii collection now.  Theres a few others (lol theres always a few others), but I really am feeling 95% the way there.  I'm keeping only the good stuff and selling off all the crap.  Ive had to set a standard for wii.  "nothing under a meticritic 7/10 goes into that cabinet".  Even that is being generous (so many games for it out there, its ridiculous :( )
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

juansolo

I try not to buy anything that doesn't appeal to me. So at the moment I've got what did, and luckily I managed to get most of that when it was cheap. I also don't do multiples, so my Gamecube collection has taken a hell of a beating when better versions of things have come out on the Wii and Wii U. But then, that funds more. So my collection isn't vast, but I like to think it's quality over quantity.

My biggest problem is a chronic lack of space. My DVD/Blu-Ray films have already felt the brunt of that by me essentially throwing all the boxes away of all but a handful of them, and sticking them into CaseLogic CD bags. Something I REALLY don't want to have to do with the games. I've kept more valuable stuff in their boxes, but the films mostly were just a box with a disc in taking up tonnes of room (over 1000 films not counting TV, anime or animation). I've had a re-shuffle recently and got a new bookcase so I can get my CDs out of storage (yep, a shed load of those too).

Same goes with the hardware really. I want to build this new PC and ideally have it running a 15" CRT VGA monitor for the required effect, I've just no idea where I'm going to put that. I might have to compromise on this one for a bit and run it into a panel with something else, but I'd really rather not. I've already got two older systems on panels that I really would like to get onto CRTs at some point because panels are wrong for them.

The sad thing is, I've been buying up a load of 90's PC games in the last week for the new machine. I can see the boxes for them going into the bin and a CaseLogic case taking the discs and manuals. I know some 'big box' collectors will wince at that, but space man. So little space.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Willybomb

thesmokingman

been playing mario kart 7 on the 2ds ... hadn't played a newer version of kart since double dash on the game cube so it was cool to see new characters, karts, weapons, etc. definitely more challenging than I remember mario kart being as well.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

juansolo

Double Dash is still the daddy of all Mario Karts.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

flanagan0718

I made the HUGE mistake of buying a raspberry pi machine and loading retro pie on it. Now I'm hooked (again) on all the greats I grew up with. Already beat Contra 4 or 5 times!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flanagan0718

I made the HUGE mistake of buying a raspberry pi machine and loading retro pie on it. Now I'm hooked (again) on all the greats I grew up with. Already beat Contra 4 or 5 times!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matmosphere

I have Mario Cart DS which I think came right after Double Dash and it's fun as hell. Haven't played it in a while but it's a good mix of fun and challenging. A few of the levels are downright disorienting though.

I've been doing the retro game thing as well lately. I managed to find a snes Classic a week or two ago. I've always had a slew of NES games but only ever had a few SNES games. This is the first time I've been able to play Super Metroid and I'm absolutely hooked. Hadn't ever done super Castlevania either. I figured I'd I jump right back into Final Fantasy or Link to the Past but those are gonna have to wait.

chromesphere

The enoromous game collection grows....
This weeks "score".   Wipeout 2097, Wip3out, and GT2 for $2 each

mjg

I've been watching my kid play Zelda Breath of the Wild for the last few weeks, and Wednesday had the house to myself, so decided to give it a try.  Just for half an hour, to see what it's like. 

Six hours later, managed to get off the couch before the family got home.

I've decided that yes, it's a good game, and I will have to play it until I've collected all of the things.  All of them.  :P

stringsthings

Quote from: mjg on January 25, 2018, 08:58:19 PM
I've been watching my kid play Zelda Breath of the Wild for the last few weeks, and Wednesday had the house to myself, so decided to give it a try.  Just for half an hour, to see what it's like. 

Six hours later, managed to get off the couch before the family got home.

I've decided that yes, it's a good game, and I will have to play it until I've collected all of the things.  All of them.  :P

:)
All You Need Is Love

chromesphere

All I can say is, god help me...